VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 18th, 2011 #1341
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Brain Damage from Aorta Surgery

I love to bash doctors almost as much as I love to bash lawyers, but in this case I can find NO fault with Steele's doctors. He is arguably lucky to be alive. This surgery is 100 times more dangerous than heart bypass surgery. Time spent on a heart lung machine costs the patient 0.5 IQ point per hour. Steele had several IQ points to spare but he didn't have enough for this.

The brain is full of capillaries the size of a hair. Red blood cells have to pass thru them in single file. The slightest foreign object or clot permanently blocks the vessel and all downstream neurons die. This brain damage is highly specialized and may not be obvious to those who do not know the patient.

For example, the patient might forget how to solve a quadratic equation but still be able to do integral calculus. A patriot might turn into a bleeding heart liberal. He might forget one language but remember another.

Steele's surgery was far more dangerous than the following article discusses because his aorta had ruptured an hour or so before surgery. Clots had plenty of time to dislodge and travel to his brain. The surgeon who had to clean up the mess cannot be blamed for further damage.

Steele's behavior now makes perfect sense. The government spy Fairfax found out about Steele's brain damage and used it to entrap him. All of the discrepancies in his letters to me are now explained. His family must have known that he was not the same after he came home from the hospital.

Steele was a great champion for us but he has fallen thru no fault of his own or even from enemy action. The government should have the decency to dismiss this laughing stock of a case and admit their own perfidy in it. I knew that Steele was crazy as a shit house rat when he failed to fire his public pretender within a month. A first year law student can handle this case. The proper defense in this case is not insanity but rather entrapment.

If Steele beats the case he can get the care that he needs for the rest of his life. I don't know whether he needs to be institutionalized or not. He is likely a danger to both himself and others because there is NO telling what he will do next. If he pleads insanity he faces life in a mental institution.

Ronnie Raygun was never the name after his lung surgery when he was shot by Hinkley. It is just as dangerous as this surgery is. BTW Hinckley is still in a mental institution over 20 years later.
========
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9394576

We analyzed cases with brain damage after surgery for thoracic aortic aneurysm in our institution and investigated the causes, risk-factors and preventive measures for this disastrous postoperative complication.

Irreversible brain damage was a complication in 25 out of 184 operative cases (13.6%) over a 21-year period. The cause of brain damage was determined to be embolism by manipulation of the aorta in six cases, clamping of the left subclavian artery in four cases, technical problems of separate cerebral perfusion (SCP) in four cases, severe shock in three cases, embolism unrelated to operative maneuver in three cases, stenosis of a branch of the arch with aortic dissection in two cases, and air embolism, circulatory arrest with insufficient hypothermia and hypoperfusion of a temporary bypass to the left carotid artery in one case each. The neurological symptom improved in eight cases and was unchanged in 17 cases. Eighteen cases died in the hospital.

In the univariate analysis, age (p = 0.048), a portion of the aneurysm (p = 0.035), preoperative brain complication (p = 0.003), emergency operation (p = 0.033) and clamping of the arch (p = 0.001) were found to be prominent risk factors for brain damage. In the multivariate analysis, clamping of the arch (p = 0.0310), SCP (p = 0.0327) and emergency operation (p = 0.0223) were prominent. To prevent postoperative brain damage, the arch should not be clamped, appropriate operative techniques to avoid bleeding and to shorten SCP time should be employed, and proper and prompt management of the emergency operation and caution in clamping the left subclavian artery are considered to be necessary.

Old February 18th, 2011 #1342
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
This is old news and childish propaganda. It is beyond argument that Steele is crazy as a shit house rat. He has done great work for our cause before his aneurism but he is permanently brain dead for our purposes. It does no good for us to bury our head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich.

He is destined for life in a mental institution and can never be cured. Stroke damage is forever. I hate to admit it but the judge was right. He is a danger to himself and others. There is no telling what he will do next. Of course he will get out when the U.S. government collapses and the race war starts.
As a registered nurse I've taken care of many stroke patients. Strokes do not make people 'crazy' (crazy has no medical or legal meaning) or criminally minded.

Old February 18th, 2011 #1343
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Supposed Stroke Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
As a registered nurse I've taken care of many stroke patients. Strokes do not make people 'crazy' (crazy has no medical or legal meaning) or criminally minded.
Pray tell us how many patients you have taken care of who have been operated on for ascending aortic aneurysms that have ruptured. We wait with baited breath. This a totally different type of mini-stroke. Also tell us how many times you have personally watched open heart surgery with the heart lung machine in use.

Old February 18th, 2011 #1344
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Pray tell us how many patients you have taken care of who have been operated on for ascending aortic aneurysms that have ruptured. We wait with baited breath. This a totally different type of mini-stroke. Also tell us how many times you have personally watched open heart surgery with the heart lung machine in use.
What is your point? There are thousands of people who have undergone surgery requiring cardiac bypass and they are doing just fine. Your use of the term 'crazy' to describe Steele, based upon your lack of understanding of medicine in regard to his medical condition, shows you to be little more than a useful idiot.

Old February 18th, 2011 #1345
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Bed Pan Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
What is your point? There are thousands of people who have undergone surgery requiring cardiac bypass and they are doing just fine. Your use of the term 'crazy' to describe Steele, based upon your lack of understanding of medicine in regard to his medical condition, shows you to be little more than a useful idiot.
This is not the first time that you have shot your mouth off on the forum when you didn't know what you are talking about. By my count it is about number six. I was a video consultant and pilot to famous heart surgeon Ted Diethrich in Phoenix for over 10 years. I have attended a heart bypass operation once and ran live video on dozens of his operations including aneurism repairs. I am hardly an expert on the subject but easily know a hundred times what you know about it.

Aorta repairs are a hundred times more dangerous than a heart bypass operation for reasons that I have posted earlier. If the aneurism has ruptured, it is a thousand times more dangerous. If you knew anything about strokes, you would realize that so called senility in old timers is now known to be caused by hundreds and hundreds of micro strokes over the years. The vast majority give NO symptoms. That is until the sufferer tries to remember Aunt Mabel's name a year later.

Your kind of nurse only treats strokes caused by clots the size of an orange seed. All your kind can do is change their bedpans. The stroke that affects the likes of Steele is caused by microscopic clots that cannot be avoided. Only a huge battery of tests can evaluate his remaining intellectual function. His family would not even recognize the vast number of problems which he can exhibit.

If you knew anything about cardiac surgery, you would know that time on pump is what determines the patients remaining IQ when he leaves the operating table. Deduct 0.5 IQ point per minute.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; February 18th, 2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo

Old February 19th, 2011 #1346
April

You know Donald, your post got me to thinking. Back in the late summer of 09, before Ed had his stroke, our mutual friend, psychiatrist Charles Ellis visited both of us on the same trip. ( he has his own plane) After visiting me with some interesting people, a horse trainer etc, he went on to visit Ed and his family. A few weeks later he called to ask me if I knew anything about Ed's health or how he was and I told him that I had actually not spoken to Ed for a few months and had not seen him in person for almost a year or more. Chuck told me at that time that he thought that " something was wrong with Ed". It makes me wonder if he was having microscopic issues back then and that the thing in November was actually just a larger one.

http://kalispellple.blogspot.com/

Old February 19th, 2011 #1347
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Warning Signs

Silly me! April has hit the nail on the head. Aneurisms NEVER blow out suddenly from a healthy blood vessel. A weak spot forms and bulges out like a bubble in a tire. It gets worse over a period of months or years. Blood flow becomes turbulent at the bulge and clots tend to form there and sometimes dislodge. Steele could have had a large number of mini-strokes over a period of a year or so before the big blowout that nearly killed him.

Old February 19th, 2011 #1348
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Local Judenpresse

This is Steele's local paper.
========
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...cc4c002e0.html

Judge rejects Steele’s $1M bond request for husband
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:00 am
By DAVID COLE Staff writer

COEUR d’ALENE — Cyndi Steele offered to put up virtually everything she owns as collateral to secure her husband Edgar J. Steele’s bond pending his trial next month. But Chief U.S. Magistrate Candy W. Dale on Wednesday denied him the chance for release from jail. He’ll remain in the custody of the U.S. Marshals.

High profile attorney Edgar Steele, 65, of Sagle, is set to be tried starting March 7 in U.S. District Court on four felony counts, including one for use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire.
He is accused of hiring a hitman, Sagle handyman Larry Fairfax, to kill Cyndi Steele and her mother. Federal prosecutors say they have recorded conversations between Fairfax and Edgar Steele plotting the murder.
Fairfax has admitted to accepting money from Edgar Steele for the alleged hit and attaching a massive pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele’s SUV with wiring to the exhaust system. Fairfax is scheduled to be sentenced for that next month.

The proposed $1 million bond would have been secured by the title to the Steeles’ property and co-signed by Cyndi Steele, David Shelly, Jeff Miller and Allen Banks. The group has a collective net worth of more than $1 million, according to court documents.

Edgar Steele also is charged with use of explosive materials to commit a federal felony, possession of a destructive device in relation to a crime of violence, and tampering with a victim. He was arrested in June of last year at his home.

Later that month, a detention hearing was conducted and Dale found that Steele was a danger to the community and that he posed a threat to obstruct justice and intimidate witnesses.

She pointed to jailhouse phone calls made by Edgar Steele on June 13 to Cyndi and their son, Rex Steele, which were recorded and then played in court. The calls were made two days after he was arrested.
Steele told his wife in one call, “After you hear this tape tomorrow, no matter what you hear, not matter what you think, no matter what you feel, you have to say the following: ‘No, that is not my husband’s voice.’ And then like a rhinoceros in the road, you have to stand your ground and refuse to say anything but that. OK. You heard me, right?”

Edgar Steele told her that federal authorities would need her help to authenticate his voice on the recordings where her murder is allegedly being plotted. Fairfax turned from hitman to undercover informant, wearing a hidden recording device in their meetings.

Steele’s attorneys, Robert T. McAllister, of Englewood, Colo., and Gary I. Amendola, of Coeur d’Alene, said in court documents that the recordings between their client and Fairfax are of poor quality and subject to different interpretations by the listener.

Cyndi Steele has listened to the tapes. “Obviously she does not believe her husband of 25 years is guilty of the charges,” they wrote in their motion for a secured property bond. They continued: “She said that whenever there were discussions about the alleged plot she noticed changes in background noise and her husband’s voice lost certain inflections that are very familiar to her.”

The defense attorneys also question the likelihood of the pipe-bomb plot actually working, since there was no remote trigger to explode the bomb while Cyndi and her mother were riding in the vehicle. Federal prosecutors have said that in addition to producing the recorded conversations between Steele and Fairfax about the murder plot and Steele’s alibi, they also plan to produce evidence of Steele’s motive.

Prosecutors, in court documents, said Steele wanted to be with another women and that he took steps to be with her. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Marc Haws and Traci Whelan wrote: “The defendant had been establishing a relationship with a young woman who lives outside of the U.S. This young woman was located and interviewed by Ukrainian officials and at the time of her interview she provided them with a letter she received from the defendant while he was in custody.”

They said the letter is evidence he would likely flee if released.
Prosecutors, in court documents, said the defense has announced it intends to introduce evidence at trial that Edgar Steele has a “mental disease or defect or other mental condition.”

They pointed to that as another reason to prevent his release before trial.
Haws and Whelan said it appears the defense is attempting to establish that Steele was “emotionally unstable” when the alleged murder-for-hire plot was discussed and set in motion. “It is concerning that if the defendant suffers from such an affliction, releasing him unmonitored to live in a home with the target of the murder-for-hire would be a fatal error,” they wrote.

Old February 19th, 2011 #1349
America First

Default Cost ?

Flee the USSA ? He is sick, and they could take his passport, and with the USSA East Germany of old STASI like set up at Airports now a days IMO there is no way out.

If Mr. Steel is not very frail and sickly now the government I would guess would have the media screaming how healthy and dangerous he is etc.

Now "IF" he was guilty and not set up and he had not been Watched like a mouse by Hawks for years etc. he is seriously ILL, and its going to COST allot to cage him.

This stress could kill him by getting a Stroke etc.

So White vets remember he was a U.S.C.G. officer who served honorably and he can not have bail.

The hatred is not by him IMO.

His free speech was extremely hated I would guess by some group or groups etc.

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/02/mobi...ut_on_bon.html

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Last edited by America First; February 19th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Old February 20th, 2011 #1350
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Ukrainian Girlfriend

It sounds to me like the Ukrainian girlfriend didn't know The Five Words from Terrible Tommie-"I have nothing to say." If they bring her over to testify Steele will be in big trouble. Even the jail house copy of his letter to her will be highly damaging.

Cyndi and her mother could have easily won a swearing contest against the FBI spy Fairfax, especially with the government bungling of this case. It looks grim now with the letter to the girl friend. The only possible defense that I can see is entrapment. You don't have to be sane to be entrapped.

Again I point out that Steele has done great work to our cause and we should stand by him. It does no good for us to lie to ourselves about what happened here however. He has fallen thru no fault of his own and without us even being able to blame the Federal government very much.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; February 20th, 2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typo

Old February 20th, 2011 #1351
John Liberty

Quote:
It sounds to me like the Ukrainian girlfriend didn't know The Five Words from Terrible Tommie-"I have nothing to say." If they bring her over to testify Steele will be in big trouble. Even the jail house copy of his letter to her will be highly damaging.
Who said he had a girlfriend, was this Ukrainian his supposed girlfriend? I must have missed that one, I thought he was investigating the kosher slave trade?

Old February 21st, 2011 #1352
Thad Charles
Master Race

Quote:
Bed Pan Changer
Now this is the top-shelf dialogue we're proud of at VNN.

Old February 21st, 2011 #1353
Fred
Commie Killer

I had some heart surgery last year. I even died briefly.
Most of my friends and business associates have said the same thing to me. That I have changed. My memory is mot nearly as it was. I have trouble solving problems with my work. I still get them solved it just seems to take me much longer. I don't feel the same.

My surgery was quite minor compared to Edgars.

Old February 21st, 2011 #1354
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default A couple of questions to ask yourself that might be proposed to jurors by the defense...

Do you think Ed Steele is so brain dead that he doesn't realize that everything he mails out of jail is copied, read, and provided to the prosecutor?

Consider what Ed Steele wrote-about the Ukraine in the past as a place to consider moving. Ask yourself if he might have been laying a little pipe toward relocating at some point for reasons other than necessarily marital infidelity. He might have even had a girlfriend which, at his age, might not be as bad as it sounds and is certainly the sort of thing that wives not only sometimes understand but forgive or even permit. Consider even consensual polygamy. He might have even believed that he might need to leave America for personal reasons including being persecuted.

My guess would be that jury selection is going to be something carefully orchestrated, given the times and increasing public awareness of the issues raised by Ed Steele in his writings. And, since his writings are actually pretty mild with regard to the charge of hate speech, especially the argument set forth in his book Defensive Racism, I'd want them entered into evidence for the jury to consider, given the popular, local press about him and others which really has been easy-to-understand hate speech considering the source, if I were Ed Steele.

And, I'd also want to make certain that jurors were exposed to other relatively mild material that still kicks ass and takes names, that one can be comfortable sharing with even one's associates who have Jewish ancestry. This remarkable video mentioned elsewhere on this forum recently comes to mind:
. There would seem to be a worldwide increase in awareness of such matters facilitated by dedicated men not the least of which is Ed Steele.

Last edited by -JC; February 21st, 2011 at 03:43 AM.

Old February 21st, 2011 #1355
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Something else about the jury selecion pool of Ed Steele's "peers... "

Back in the late 1990's (I wish I kept a better diary), Mark Fuhrman promoted the release of his book with a booksigning at a bookstore near Sandpoint, Idaho. I happened to be lunching with friends when one of their sons came in and displayed a signed copy of the book. What was really interesting was the interest evidenced by the reported comments of White Flight survivors in the area given some of what they've experienced and commented-on while waiting to sit on Santa's lap in the bookstore.

My guess would be that Whites ought to be able to muster at least one holdout of a jury not unlike what O.J.'s defense team was able to accomplish. Fuhrman may have lied in that case and, stunning as its going to be to all of you, police do lie, but that alleged overzealousness apparently due to "racism" didn't make O.J. innocent. There is more than one way to skin a cat and, as far as I'm concerned, O.J. is one down and Fuhrman is one up these days. Just consider the remarkably complimentary made for television film about Mark Fuhrman http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339422/. Here's the video trailer http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3717660953/.

Considering the prognosis for diversity/multiculturalism evidenced by recent press about European leaders having had quite enough of it, the public attitude may not be quite the same for persecuting truth tellers as it was not so long ago. There are antidotes for propaganda such as the usual suspects have promulgated for generations now: All it takes is for one juror to realize there have been malicious prosecutions, e.g., Ernst Zundel and David Irving come to mind, and-- for me-- that would be all it would take if I were on a jury. The trick is getting past the jury selection process and one could take a lesson from the justice system's management of "Hoppy Heidelberg, " of which the top three Google results follow.

"hoppy heidelberg" - Google Search

1. Hoppy Heidelberg, Grand Juror--government cover-up in Oklahoma ...
  • "Hoppy Heidelberg was on the grand jury investigating evidence surrounding the Oklahoma City bombing. He quickly found out that the government wasn't ..."
    vodpod.com/watch/1483416-hoppy-heidelberg-grand-juror-government-cover-up-in-oklahoma-city
2. Oklahoma City Bombing Federal Grand Jury member Hoppy Heidelberg Video
  • "Hoppy was removed from the grand jury investigating the Oklahoma City ..."
    vodpod.com/watch/1481551-oklahoma-city-bombing-federal-grand-jury-member-hoppy-heidelberg
3. Hoppy Heidelberg
  • "Hoppy Heidelberg by David Hoffman "No one who saw McVeigh with other suspects, was ever allowed to testify before the Federal Grand Jury." ..."
    independence.net/okc/hoppyheidelberg.htm

Last edited by -JC; February 21st, 2011 at 03:38 AM.

Old February 21st, 2011 #1356
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Charles View Post
Now this is the top-shelf dialogue we're proud of at VNN.
Thanks soo much for the complement! When idiots shoot their mouth off when they don't know what they are talking about, a well chosen insult usually does the job. This is not a difference of opinion, it is merely concentrated ignorance on the part of OTPTT and is not his first offense. Hopefully this thread will help him understand the nature of stroke damage from heart surgery. It might make him a better nurse.

Old February 22nd, 2011 #1357
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More Background Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I had some heart surgery last year. I even died briefly.
Most of my friends and business associates have said the same thing to me. That I have changed. My memory is mot nearly as it was. I have trouble solving problems with my work. I still get them solved it just seems to take me much longer. I don't feel the same.

My surgery was quite minor compared to Edgars.
You are a different case because you are able to recognize that you have lost certain mental abilities. Steele apparently cannot see this. Only a massive battery of tests can spot what function he has left. I am not a shrink and regard most of that so called profession as Jew science. However it looks to me like the risk/reward center of Steele's brain is not functioning any more.

Take this quote from his first letter to me:"Why? Because he found a $45,000 silver stash and stole it, but knew that I would kill him when I discovered the theft.". It looks like that Steele could not recognize who I am even though we have corresponded many times in the past. I am noted for my virulent hatred of lawyers. I would NEVER have written anything like this, let alone when I was locked up in jail with the FBI reading every word of my correspondence. Steele was always careful in his writings before to never give the government an excuse to prosecute or disbar him. He also failed to recognize his wife's middle name, her maiden name, and her phone number.

Perhaps Fred can tell us more about his surgery and any symptoms than he had that are worth describing.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; February 22nd, 2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: missing word

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1358
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More on Ukrainian Girlfriend

While the Judenpresse must be taken with a grain of salt, it is worth reading between the lines. It looks grim unless an entrapment defense is made.
========
http://www.krem.com/news/crime/FBI-M...116510313.html

FBI: Man behind murder for hire plot has Ukrainian girlfriend

by KREM.com
krem.com
Posted on February 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Updated Friday, Feb 18 at 7:12 PM

COEUR D'ALENE -- According to newly filed federal court documents, A North Idaho lawyer accused of plotting to kill his wife was involved with a woman overseas.

Edgar Steele is scheduled to go to trial next month. Investigators say Steele hired a hit man to put a bomb under his wife’s vehicle. Federal court documents outline another reason why prosecutors want Edgar Steele to remain in jail. Prosecutors say they intend to provide an evidence trail of how 65-year-old Edgar Steele planned to carry out the plot. They say his motive was to be with another woman outside the U.S.

The prosecution says it has letters Steele wrote to the woman. Court papers claim a young woman was located and interviewed by Ukrainian officials and that she provided them with a letter she received from Steele while he was in custody.

KREM 2 News talked to Steele’s wife and her attorney Friday. They say the woman is involved in one of Steele’s cases and the FBI is just searching for a motive in the murder for hire case. They claim Steele is working on a Russian bride scam. Cyndi Steele continues to defend her husband’s innocence. Recently, Cyndi Steele offered to put up virtually everything she owns to get her husband released on bond, but a judge denied the request.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1359
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Thanks soo much for the complement! When idiots shoot their mouth off when they don't know what they are talking about, a well chosen insult usually does the job. This is not a difference of opinion, it is merely concentrated ignorance on the part of OTPTT and is not his first offense. Hopefully this thread will help him understand the nature of stroke damage from heart surgery. It might make him a better nurse.
You're behavior reminds me of the .

Speaking of ignorance. You've confused the term 'complement' with the term 'compliment .' You really should brush up on your vocabulary and grammar.

Last edited by OTPTT; February 23rd, 2011 at 12:24 AM.

Old February 23rd, 2011 #1360
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Steele Moved to Coeur d' Alien

According to Steele's website he has been moved. It looks like that he can now have letters again. The website also claims that over $100,000 has been raised.
========
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?page_id=22

2/17/2011: Change in Mr. Steele’s jail location!

If you have 15-30 minutes to hand-write a positive, supportive message to our jailed kinsman, here’s your chance. As of this entry’s date, sending LETTERS (not just postcards) includes these guidelines:

photos must be no larger than standard 4″ by 6″
newspapers/magazines must come from publisher
letters are allowed, including newspaper articles/clippings and magazine articles as well as internet articles, etc.

Money Orders are allowed to be added to his commissary account
Additional questions about mail can be directed to 208-263-8417

Edgar Steele
Bonner County Jail
4001 N. Boyer
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864

Tags
edgar steele

Thread