VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 20th, 2011 #1321
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Abby Sewell: Blame Whites for explosives at Black rally

"The area has a history of white supremacist activity. Until 2001, the Aryan Nations was headquartered in nearby Hayden Lake, Idaho. As recently as April 2009, the Spokesman-Review newspaper reported that residents of a Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, subdivision had found Aryan Nations recruitment letters on their lawns... "

The area also has an even longer, more intensive history of apple, cherry, and cabbage production. The point?

However, according to "David Hothouse," writing for the SPLC's HateWatch online screed, that the motto of the Aryan Nations was “Violence solves everything.”

The question that always comes up for me in such situations, including those yellow spray-painted Stars of David intended to imply the sinister specter of anti-Semitism, is where's the evidence to justify smearing Whites when Jews have been apprehended probably more often making such and worse bombs (Albert Einstein and Robert Oppenheimer come to mind), not to mention spraying graffiti on their synagogues.

Old January 23rd, 2011 #1322
8Man
"moderate" radical

If any new readers are interested in an excellent summary of why the Edgar Steele prosecution should be considered highly suspect, see Val Koinen's write up
at EDGAR STEELE MURDER-FOR-HIRE CASE –ANY REASONABLE DOUBTS LURKING HERE?

Old January 30th, 2011 #1323
America First

January 28, 2011

ACLU Must Start Protecting “Enumerated Rights”
By Paul Craig Roberts

While people in Tunisia and Egypt have taken to the streets in attempts to gain their liberty, Americans are losing their liberty with minimal protest.

Even the American Civil Liberties Union seems unfocused. At a time when we are being surrounded by a police state and the federal judiciary is being taken over by the Federalist Society and unitary executive theory that places the president above the law, we need a heightened appreciation of civil liberty and the Constitution on the part of the American people. The American people need to come together and to take a united stand against the police state and unaccountable executive branch power.

During my many years of writing in defense of law as a shield of the people instead of a weapon in the hands of the state, I have identified two important reasons that Americans are losing the protection of the legal principles that made them free.

One reason is that a significant portion of the population, especially among those who think of themselves as conservative, there is indifference and even hostility to civil liberties. The other reason is that Benthamite thinking has made inroads into the Blackstonian conception of law that is the basis of the Constitution. Jeremy Bentham argued for pre-emptive arrest before a crime is committed, for torture in order to obtain confession, and for subverting the attorney-client privilege. Bentham’s views, fiercely hostile to those of our Founding Fathers, are now represented on the federal bench (federal appeals court judge Jay S. Bybee, for example) and in prestigious law schools (John Yoo, UC Berkeley, for example).

In chapter 3 of The Tyranny of Good Intentions, Larry Stratton and I contrast Bentham’s views with those of William Blackstone and our Founding Fathers. This article is about the division of the American public on the matter of civil liberty.

Court decisions by "activist judges" in behalf of criminals, abortion, homosexual rights, and against school prayer, all in the name of constitutional rights and civil liberty, have resulted in many Americans identifying civil liberty with procedures that provide protections and immunities for criminals and with judicially created rights that are destroying morality. All the fights over Supreme Court appointments have to do with "social issues" such as abortion. The enumerated rights in the Constitution, such as habeas corpus, due process, free speech and association, long ago receded into the background and play scant role in Senate confirmations of Supreme Court appointees.

As a member of the ACLU, I look to that organization for the legal defense of our enumerated rights. The ACLU does stand up for the enumerated civil liberties spelled out in the Constitution.

However, reading the current issue of the ACLU newsletter, I found myself wondering if the ACLU is unconsciously contributing to the public’s indifference and hostility to civil liberty. The newsletter’s list of legal highlights for 2010 presents the ACLU’s activities as being concentrated in efforts to legalize homosexual marriage, to protect abortion from curbs, and to end the promotion of religious beliefs in public schools.

These are all issues that infuriate conservatives, and these are the issues that conservatives identify with “civil liberties”. Therefore, much of the public is not the least bit perturbed to hear that civil liberties are under attack when many understand civil liberties to consist of criminal rights, prayer bans, abortion, and homosexual marriage. This is dangerous, because in the public’s mind, civil liberty can easily morph from procedures that coddle criminals into procedures that coddle terrorists. Should this occur, all would be lost. Defense of the enumerated rights would become "giving aid and comfort to terrorists."

It is not my purpose to argue the validity of the ACLU’s position on abortion and homosexual marriage. I am sure that the ACLU is convinced that homosexual and abortion rights are somewhere in the Constitution. But they are not enumerated rights, and the conservatives know it. When the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written, I don’t know if abortion and homosexual acts were the statutory offenses that they were during much of my lifetime, but they were not socially approved behavior that the Founding Fathers thought worthy of constitutional protection. The separation of church and state means no state church or taxpayer support. It does not mean no prayer in public schools. (Ironic, isn’t it, that today with faith-based initiatives we have taxpayers’ money going to religious institutions, but no prayer in school.)

When the issue is raised that perhaps the Constitution like common law can change as people’s mores change, conservatives reply that if the Constitution can change, anything can be put into it or be taken out, such as the civil liberties that I am complaining about Bush taking out. As for abortion and gay marriage, these are things that conservatives think activist judges and the ACLU put into the Constitution. Strictures against abortion and homosexuals should have been overturned legislatively, not by inventive interpretations of the Constitution.

The unintended consequence of the judicial branch exercising the legislative function in the name of constitutional rights has been the alienation of a large percentage of the population from civil liberty concerns. Today much of the population views the ACLU as a threat to society comparable to terrorism.

With the police state destroying protections against searches, the First Amendment, habeas corpus, due process, and the right to an attorney, with grand jury subpoenas issued to war protesters, with lists of American citizens to be assassinated, with ongoing war crimes committed in wars based in lies and deceptions, with the executive branch’s seizure of the power to violate statutory laws against torture and spying without warrants, should the ACLU refocus, stop alienating conservatives, and bring the people together against the police state?

Should the ACLU be devoting its scarce resources to convincing courts to legalize homosexual marriage when the executive branch can declare people to be suspects and throw them into a dungeon?

Reproductive rights and homosexual marriage will not stop people from being thrown into dungeons.

If the enumerated rights are lost, no other rights are meaningful.

Paul Craig Roberts [email him] was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during President Reagan’s first term. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal. He has held numerous academic appointments, including the William E. Simon Chair, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Georgetown University, and Senior Research Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University. He was awarded the Legion of Honor by French President Francois Mitterrand. He is the author of Supply-Side Revolution : An Insider's Account of Policymaking in Washington; Alienation and the Soviet Economy and Meltdown: Inside the Soviet Economy, and is the co-author with Lawrence M. Stratton of The Tyranny of Good Intentions : How Prosecutors and Bureaucrats Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice. Click here for Peter Brimelow’s Forbes Magazine interview with Roberts about the epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct.

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Old January 30th, 2011 #1324
America First

However, reading the current issue of the ACLU newsletter, I found myself wondering if the ACLU is unconsciously contributing to the public’s indifference and hostility to civil liberty. The newsletter’s list of legal highlights for 2010 presents the ACLU’s activities as being concentrated in efforts to legalize homosexual marriage, to protect abortion from curbs, and to end the promotion of religious beliefs in public schools.

These are all issues that infuriate conservatives, and these are the issues that conservatives identify with “civil liberties”. Therefore, much of the public is not the least bit perturbed to hear that civil liberties are under attack when many understand civil liberties to consist of criminal rights, prayer bans, abortion, and homosexual marriage. This is dangerous, because in the public’s mind, civil liberty can easily morph from procedures that coddle criminals into procedures that coddle terrorists. Should this occur, all would be lost. Defense of the enumerated rights would become "giving aid and comfort to terrorists."

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old January 30th, 2011 #1325
America First

Default These Words apply !

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old January 30th, 2011 #1326
-JC

Default It is NOT unconscious...

America First wrote, "However, reading the current issue of the ACLU newsletter, I found myself wondering if the ACLU is unconsciously contributing to the public’s indifference and hostility to civil liberty. The newsletter’s list of legal highlights for 2010 presents the ACLU’s activities as being concentrated in efforts to legalize homosexual marriage, to protect abortion from curbs, and to end the promotion of religious beliefs in public schools... "

20 years or so ago, along my path learning to better discriminate and that it is difficult to take something good away from a relationship with a bad person, a Jew client, a female, former California university professor, gave me a ACLU tee shirt. She had previously explained how she resented her having been told by her host on a trip to Israel that if she continued "seeing" a Sephardic military officer that he-- a "racist" Ashkenazi Jew-- would no longer let her stay in his household. And she profusely thanked me for what I had done to help her, obviously kissing-up, so to speak. Then she tried to steal from me and had previously, it turns out, tried to steal from one of my associates.

The only effective rat poison is almost 100% pure food and that's what it takes to chum-in remarkably wary rats. Getting the tee shirt, compliments, and a would-be financial screwing from such a creature got me looking not only at doing business with Jews but considering the ACLU-- who they are, what they do, and how they do it-- evidence that things are seldom what they seem-- that there's both a good reason and a real reason for everything.

Last edited by -JC; January 30th, 2011 at 07:05 AM.

Old January 30th, 2011 #1327
8Man
"moderate" radical

Default FBI corruption documented

The FBI tries to maintain an elite 'can do no wrong' reputation, but the reality is they are just another corrupt / criminal gov't sanctioned entity.

Quote:
EFF has uncovered widespread violations stemming from FBI intelligence investigations from 2001 - 2008. In a report released today, EFF documents alarming trends in the Bureau’s intelligence investigation practices, suggesting that FBI intelligence investigations have compromised the civil liberties of American citizens far more frequently, and to a greater extent, than was previously assumed.

• Evidence of delays of 2.5 years, on average, between the occurrence of a violation and its eventual reporting to the Intelligence Oversight Board

• Reports of serious misconduct by FBI agents including lying in declarations to courts, using improper evidence to obtain grand jury subpoenas, and accessing password-protected files without a warrant

• Indications that the FBI may have committed upwards of 40,000 possible intelligence violations in the 9 years since 9/11
more at: EFF Uncovers Widespread FBI Intelligence Violations

Quote:
.. in July 1994, when U.S. Today and the Gannett News Service published a survey. Believing that the claim that the bloody glove found on O. J. Simpson's estate had been planted was far-fetched, the newspaper trawled legal and media databases for comparative cases. They found 85 instances since 1974 in which prosecutors had knowingly or unknowingly used tainted evidence that had convicted the innocent or freed the guilty. In the same period, 48 people sentenced to death were freed after convictions were found to be based on fabricated evidence or because exonerating or exculpatory evidence was withheld.
"The public perception is that faking science is rare. The truth is it happens all the time."

Last edited by 8Man; January 30th, 2011 at 10:26 PM.

Old February 2nd, 2011 #1328
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Cyndi Published in Bonner Daily Bee

I am utterly amazed that Cyndi finally got this published. They even published her website.
========
http://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/...cc4c03286.html

Stories have ignored important facts in case

Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:00 am

I am the wife of First Amendment lawyer Edgar Steele and I object to the reporting in your Dec. 17 article regarding the February 2011 sentencing of Idaho’s pipe bomber, Larry Fairfax. Your article doesn’t mention that my mother and I are victims of Fairfax’s attempts to murder us, but states that we are victims of my husband’s alleged crime: murder-for-hire.

Your article completely missed the fact that my mother and I believe my husband is innocent. The article mentions that Fairfax came “forward” supposedly to tell authorities the whole truth about his criminal activities, but says nothing about him lying to the FBI when he kept secret that a bomb was attached to my car.

Other missed facts:
1. In May and early June of last year, my husband and I discovered Fairfax was stealing from us (an obvious motivation for accusing my husband of a crime to take the “heat” off of him and cover up these thefts);
2. Fairfax, who attached the bomb to my car, admits knowing I was about to embark on a 1000-mile journey through populated areas;
3. As early as May, either Fairfax or his alleged accomplice, James Maher, could have reduced the public safety risk by informing authorities of the bomb, but they chose to “assume” that it had fallen off my car (creating more public risk) instead of telling authorities, they kept the secret until discovery of the bomb in an oil change on June 15;
4. On June 8 when he came “forward,” Fairfax was represented by a retired judge, James Michaud, who did not disclose the bomb;
5. FBI is supposed to protect citizens from crime, but instead of protecting the public, the government has carefully protected Fairfax from the serious consequences of his crimes;
6. FBI attempted to tamper with my testimony;
7. FBI “evidence tapes,” supposedly of my husband’s voice, were obviously fabricated;
8. The government has “plausible deniability” of their own corruption if Fairfax claims he didn’t inform them about the bomb;
9. FBI aware of death threats by ADL against my husband and our family for years, including this threat: “The FBI would love to see you dead!”;
10. Fairfax’s plea to the lesser crimes of manufacturing and possessing an illegal weapon rather than the serious crimes of attempted murder with an explosive device, allows him to take the “fall” for the government;
11. Fairfax didn’t have to face a grand jury because charges were simply “filed” against him, thus helping him avoid the consequences of the real crimes he committed against me and the public; and
12. Tthe soft plea deal in February for Fairfax means that he will not spend more than a year in prison, while in March my husband must face charges that could mean a sentence upwards of 70 years.

Let me be absolutely clear, my husband, Edgar Steele is innocent and did not hire Larry Fairfax or anyone to kill me or anyone else.
Visit www.free-edgar-steele.com for more details.

CYNDI G. STEELE
Sagle

Old February 3rd, 2011 #1329
Rounder

Wow, a hard-hitting, highly effective expose letter by Mrs Steele.

Though it was published only in a small county-wide newspaper, it'll probably be read by federal agents associated with the case. Steele's wife or attorney oughta mail them a copy, just to make sure.

Old February 5th, 2011 #1330
America First

February 03, 2011

Americans Are Oppressed, Too
By Paul Craig Roberts

Police in the US now rival criminals, and exceed terrorists, as the greatest threat to the American public. Rogelio Serrato is the latest case to be in the news of an innocent person murdered by the police. Serrato was the wrong man, but the Monterey County, California, SWAT team killed the 31-year old father of four and left the family home a charred ruin.

The fact that SWAT teams often go to the wrong door shows the carelessness with which excessive force is used. In one instance the police even confused the town’s mayor with a drug dealer, broke into his home, shot dead the family’s pet dogs, and held the mayor and his wife and children at gun point. But most cases of police brutality never make the news.

Most who suffer abuse from the police don’t bother to complain. They know that to make an enemy of the police brings a lifetime of troubles. Those who do file complaints find that police departments tend to be self-protective and that the naive and gullible public tends to side with the police.

However, you can find plenty of examples of police brutality on YouTube, more than you can watch in a lifetime. I have just searched google for "YouTube police brutality" and the result is: "497,000 results." There’s everything from police shooting a guy in a wheelchair to body slamming a befuddled 89-year old great grandmother to tasering kids and mothers with small children. The fat goon cops love to beat up on women, kids, and old people.

The 497,000 google results may contain duplicates as more than one person might have posted a video of the same event, and the incidents occurred over more than one year. However, probably only a small percentage of incidents are captured on video by onlookers, and many incidents of police brutality have no witnesses. What the videos reveal is that a large percentage of police move with alacrity to assault the public. The number of incidences could be very high. One million annually would not be an exaggeration.

In contrast, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, in 2009 (the most recent year for which data is compiled), there were 806,000 aggravated assaults (not including assaults by police against the public) by criminals against the public, of which 216,814 were committed by hands and feet and not by weapons. (In the U.S. if you merely push a person or grab his arm, you have committed assault. "Freedom and democracy" America uses any excuse to multiply the number of felons.)

Considering the data, one might conclude that the police are a greater danger to the public than are criminals.

Indeed, the trauma from police assault can be worse than from assault by criminals. The public thinks the police are there to protect them. Thus, the emotional and psychological shock from assault by police is greater than the trauma from being mugged because you stupidly wandered into the wrong part of town.

Why are the police so aggressive toward the public?

In part because their ranks attract bullies, sociopaths and psychopaths. Even normal cops are proud of their authority and expect deference. Even cops who are not primed to be set off can turn nasty in a heartbeat.

In part because police are not accountable. The effort decades ago to have civilian police review boards was beaten back by "law and order" conservatives.

In part because the police have been militarized by the federal government, equipped with military weapons, and trained to view the public as the enemy.

In part because the Bush/Cheney/Obama regimes have made every American a suspect. The only civil liberty that has any force in the U.S. today is the law against racial discrimination. This law requires that every American citizen be treated as if he were a Muslim terrorist. The Transportation Security Administration rigorously enforces the refusal to discriminate between terrorist and citizen at airports and is now taking its gestapo violations of privacy into every form of travel and congregation: trucking, bus and train travel, sports events, and, without doubt, shopping centers and automobile traffic.

This despite the fact that there have been no terrorist incidents that could be used to justify such an expansive intrusion into privacy and freedom of movement.

The TSA has not caught a single terrorist. However, it has abused and inconvenienced several hundred thousand innocent American citizens.

The abuse happens, because people with authority are dying to use the authority. The absence of terrorists means that the TSA turns innocent Americans into terrorists. There have been so many absurd cases. One woman traveling with her ill and dying mother, who required special food, had contacted the TSA prior to the flight, explained the situation, and was given permission to take the special food onboard. But when she went through "security," the food was taken away, and when she protested she was arrested and hauled off, leaving the elderly mother in a wheelchair deserted.

Others have been arrested because a member of the household used a suitcase or carry bag to take guns and ammunition to the gun club or on a hunting trip and forgot to remove all the ammo, or the explosives test detected gunpowder residuals. Boy Scouts forgot to remove pocket knives from backpacks that they took on camping trips. Lactating mothers forced to give up breast milk. And so on.

These are the "great dangers" that the TSA protect the american sheeple from, and the sheeple submit, even servilely thanking their oppressors for protecting them.

Submission is what the government and the police want. Anyone who argues with TSA or the police will be abused. An American who stands up for his rights is likely to be beaten to a pulp. TSA has announced that such Americans are "suspects" and will be held in indefinite detention.

And "our" government assures us that we have "freedom and democracy." We have a police state, and everyone who forgets it is in deep trouble.

The Amerikan police state is closely allied with police states all over the world—Egypt, Yemen, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Israel in the Middle East and former constituent parts of the Soviet Empire in Central Asia. The U.S. government never lifts a finger in behalf of democracy anywhere. In fact, the U.S. government quickly moves to overthrow democracy wherever it rears its head, as the U.S. recently did in Honduras. Before Honduras it was Palestine where the U.S. overturned the election that brought Hamas to power. Now Washington is targeting Lebanon where Hisbollah has gained.

Everywhere on earth the U.S. government prefers an autocracy that it can purchase to free elections that bring to power candidates unwilling to serve as American puppets.

The U.S. government is the most determined foe of democracy in the world. Yet, Washington lectures China, which has more civil liberties than Bush/Cheney/Obama permit Americans.

If Americans ever find the emotional strength to acknowledge the oppression under which they live, they, too, will be in the streets.

Paul Craig Roberts [email him] was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during President Reagan’s first term. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal. He has held numerous academic appointments, including the William E. Simon Chair, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Georgetown University, and Senior Research Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University. He was awarded the Legion of Honor by French President Francois Mitterrand. He is the author of Supply-Side Revolution : An Insider's Account of Policymaking in Washington; Alienation and the Soviet Economy and Meltdown: Inside the Soviet Economy, and is the co-author with Lawrence M. Stratton of The Tyranny of Good Intentions : How Prosecutors and Bureaucrats Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice. Click here for Peter Brimelow’s Forbes Magazine interview with Roberts about the epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old February 5th, 2011 #1331
America First

In part because the Bush/Cheney/Obama regimes have made every American a suspect. The only civil liberty that has any force in the U.S. today is the law against racial discrimination. This law requires that every American citizen be treated as if he were a Muslim terrorist. The Transportation Security Administration rigorously enforces the refusal to discriminate between terrorist and citizen at airports and is now taking its gestapo violations of privacy into every form of travel and congregation: trucking, bus and train travel, sports events, and, without doubt, shopping centers and automobile traffic.

Un-quote

PCR

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.rationalrevolution.net/wa...ese_attack.htm

http://www.newnation.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=205958

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Last edited by America First; February 6th, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

Old February 5th, 2011 #1332
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
What do you mean with your cryptic use of PCR ?
Paul Craig Roberts, the article's author.

Old February 8th, 2011 #1333
H.B.

Old February 11th, 2011 #1334
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Insanity Defense for Steele?

I knew that there was something wrong with Steele's mugshot. He should have had a look of rage on his face but instead looked like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. The government's case is no less of a laughing stock but there is a good possibility now that the tapes of Steele are real.

Steele's letter to me failed all authentication tests and I thought it had been forged by the Famous But Incompetent. A later comparison to his letter to Ingri Cassel proved at least that it was his handwriting. He said several things that a competent lawyer would have never said in a letter presumably copied by the FBI. The jail house recording of a call to his wife and son also showed lack of caution on his part.

Steele would have had to be crazy as a shit house rat to get involved with a character like Fairfax in an even crazier plot which made no sense. Perhaps he had a number of mini strokes during his aneurism repair which destroyed small parts of his brain. Such surgery is highly dangerous because small debris goes directly to the brain and lodges in small arteries there.

The loss of blood pressure for quite some time when the aneurism blew could also have done some localized brain damage. On the other hand, his one main newsletter in April showed his mind to be the same old Steele. At least he is rid of his public pretender who has done NOTHING except let him rot in jail. This case is getting curiouser and curiouser.

Comment at the link but keep your comments civil.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...plan/?c=258059

Steele’s lawyers hint at defense plan
Posted by Meghann
Feb. 9, 2011 11 a.m.

Two private defense attorneys representing accused North Idaho lawyer Edgar Steele said in documents filed this week that they intend to “introduce expert evidence relating to a mental disease or defect.” That disease or defect has “bearing on (Steele's) guilt or his lack of a knowing or intentional mental state,” according to the document, filed Monday by Steele's attorneys, Robert T. McAllister, of Denver, and Gary Amendola, of Coeur d'Alene.

The document offers a glimpse at a possible defense strategy for Steele, who is accused of hiring a hitman turned FBI informant to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele, and her mother. Steele faces decades in prison under federal charges that allege he hired a man who affixed a pipe bomb under his wife's SUV.

Prosecutors say they have tape recordings of Steele talking about the plot with the would-be hitman, Larry Fairfax. In one recording, Steele tells Fairfax “to make sure that they were dead after the accident because Edgar Steele did not want to take care of a paraplegic” according to an affidavit prepared by the FBI.

Wesley Hoyt, a lawyer representing Cyndi Steele, has said the federal government is capable of manufacturing Edgar Steele's voice on those tapes. Cyndi Steele is adamant that her husband is innocent and visits him at the Spokane County Jail on a weekly basis.

Steele had been represented by Roger Peven, executive director of the Federal Defenders of Eastern Washington and Idaho, but U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill approved Steele's request for new counsel during a closed hearing Monday in Coeur d'Alene. Amendola is a longtime Coeur d'Alene defense attorney who's handled many high-profile cases.

McAllister does not have a license to practice law in Idaho but is licensed in Colorado. He was an assistant U.S. attorney in Chicago and Denver from 1976 to 1983 and has been in private practice since.

Old February 11th, 2011 #1335
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Where's the Money?

According to http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?page_id=70 , there have been $67,063.00 donated to date. This will not pay for two high priced lawyers. I am curious as to what happened behind closed doors for 2 1/2 hours when the public pretender/prison dispatcher was dumped.

Old February 12th, 2011 #1336
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Incompetent Pipe Bomber

It looks like Larry the plumber couldn't even make a decent pipe bomb. I hate to rain on Cyndi's parade, but if they blew off an end cap and the bomb did not detonate, it was not much of a bomb. Smokeless powder is nearly worthless for making pipe bombs.
========
http://www.krem.com/home/New-informa...115525654.html

New information about pipe bomb used in alleged murder-for-hire plot

by KREM.com
krem.com
Posted on February 7, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Updated Tuesday, Feb 8 at 11:47 AM

COEUR D'ALENE -- New documents filed in a North Idaho murder for hire case reveal how a pipe bomb was crafted to kill two women.
Edgar Steele will go on trail for hiring a hitman to kill his wife Cyndi and her mother. Larry Fairfax admits to installing the bomb, he will be sentenced next month.

The documents show what was in the pipe bomb found under Cyndi Steele’s car last June, and how it was defused by the bomb squad. It is all part of federal prosecutor’s plan to keep Edgar Steele behind bars.

Court documents show the metal pipe was nearly full with a black, smokeless powder with end caps. Magnets and wire held the bomb in place under the SUV. Two fuses connected it to the exhaust system, which was built to ignite when heated after a short delay.

Edgar Steele is accused of hiring a hitman to carry out the plan. Larry Fairfax admits he built the bomb to try and kill Cyndi and her mother, but the plan went awry. Cyndi had been driving around with the bomb set to ignite for two weeks when she stopped in for an oil change.

Bomb squad investigators say in order to disrupt the bomb, they brought it to a gravel pit six blocks away. The pit was 100 feet deep and large enough to withstand a high order detonation. Two shots were used to disrupt it, one broke off the end cap and the other ensured the magnets weren’t a decoy.
Investigators did not describe the bomb as sophisticated, but it was found to most likely be a fully functioning destructive device.

Cyndi maintains her husband’s innocence and believes he was framed. Fairfax is scheduled to be sentenced for making and possessing the bomb next month.

Old February 17th, 2011 #1337
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More on Insanity Defense

While the Federal case is a laughing stock, it looks like that there is plenty of dirty laundry on both sides which needs airing. If Steele wrote a Ukrainian woman from jail, he is crazy as a shit house rat. The only thing that makes sense is localized brain damage from mini-strokes from the aneurism surgery.

This explains all of the discrepancies in the two letters that I received from Steele. It also makes Cyndi look like a fool after all of her press conferences and interviews. I have to hand it to her for standing by her man.
=======
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...008e033de.html

Cyndi Steele offers $1M for bail
Prosecutors: Edgar Steele's motive plot was to be with another woman

Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:00 am | Updated: 12:54 am, Thu Feb 17, 2011.
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer |

COEUR d'ALENE - Cyndi Steele offered to put up virtually everything she owns as collateral to secure her husband Edgar J. Steele's bond pending his trial next month. But Chief U.S. Magistrate Candy W. Dale on Wednesday denied him the chance for release from jail. He'll remain in the custody of the U.S. Marshals.

High profile attorney Edgar Steele, 65, of Sagle, is set to be tried starting March 7 in U.S. District Court on four felony counts, including one for use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire.
He is accused of hiring a hitman, Sagle handyman Larry Fairfax, to kill Cyndi Steele and her mother. Federal prosecutors say they have recorded conversations between Fairfax and Edgar Steele plotting the murder.

Fairfax has admitted to accepting money from Edgar Steele for the alleged hit and attaching a massive pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele's SUV with wiring to the exhaust system. Fairfax is scheduled to be sentenced for that next month.

The proposed $1 million bond would have been secured by the title to the Steeles' property and co-signed by Cyndi Steele, David Shelly, Jeff Miller and Allen Banks. The group has a collective net worth of more than $1 million, according to court documents.

Edgar Steele also is charged with use of explosive materials to commit a federal felony, possession of a destructive device in relation to a crime of violence, and tampering with a victim. He was arrested in June of last year at his home.

Later that month, a detention hearing was conducted and Dale found that Steele was a danger to the community and that he posed a threat to obstruct justice and intimidate witnesses. She pointed to jailhouse phone calls made by Edgar Steele on June 13 to Cyndi and their son, Rex Steele, which were recorded and then played in court. The calls were made two days after he was arrested.

Steele told his wife in one call, "After you hear this tape tomorrow, no matter what you hear, not matter what you think, no matter what you feel, you have to say the following: 'No, that is not my husband's voice.' And then like a rhinoceros in the road, you have to stand your ground and refuse to say anything but that. OK. You heard me, right?"

Edgar Steele told her that federal authorities would need her help to authenticate his voice on the recordings where her murder is allegedly being plotted. Fairfax turned from hitman to undercover informant, wearing a hidden recording device in their meetings.

Steele's attorneys, Robert T. McAllister, of Englewood, Colo., and Gary I. Amendola, of Coeur d'Alene, said in court documents that the recordings between their client and Fairfax are of poor quality and subject to different interpretations by the listener.

Cyndi Steele has listened to the tapes. "Obviously she does not believe her husband of 25 years is guilty of the charges," they wrote in their motion for a secured property bond. They continued: "She said that whenever there were discussions about the alleged plot she noticed changes in background noise and her husband's voice lost certain inflections that are very familiar to her."

The defense attorneys also question the likelihood of the pipe-bomb plot actually working, since there was no remote trigger to explode the bomb while Cyndi and her mother were riding in the vehicle.

Federal prosecutors have said that in addition to producing the recorded conversations between Steele and Fairfax about the murder plot and Steele's alibi, they also plan to produce evidence of Steele's motive.

Prosecutors, in court documents, said Steele wanted to be with another women and that he took steps to be with her. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Marc Haws and Traci Whelan wrote: "The defendant had been establishing a relationship with a young woman who lives outside of the U.S. This young woman was located and interviewed by Ukrainian officials and at the time of her interview she provided them with a letter she received from the defendant while he was in custody."

They said the letter is evidence he would likely flee if released.
Prosecutors, in court documents, said the defense has announced it intends to introduce evidence at trial that Edgar Steele has a "mental disease or defect or other mental condition."

They pointed to that as another reason to prevent his release before trial.
Haws and Whelan said it appears the defense is attempting to establish that Steele was "emotionally unstable" when the alleged murder-for-hire plot was discussed and set in motion.

"It is concerning that if the defendant suffers from such an affliction, releasing him unmonitored to live in a home with the target of the murder-for-hire would be a fatal error," they wrote.

Old February 18th, 2011 #1338
bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
While the Federal case is a laughing stock, it looks like that there is plenty of dirty laundry on both sides which needs airing. If Steele wrote a Ukrainian woman from jail, he is crazy as a shit house rat. The only thing that makes sense is localized brain damage from mini-strokes from the aneurism surgery.

This explains all of the discrepancies in the two letters that I received from Steele. It also makes Cyndi look like a fool after all of her press conferences and interviews. I have to hand it to her for standing by her man.
=======
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...008e033de.html

Cyndi Steele offers $1M for bail
Prosecutors: Edgar Steele's motive plot was to be with another woman

Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:00 am | Updated: 12:54 am, Thu Feb 17, 2011.
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer |

COEUR d'ALENE - Cyndi Steele offered to put up virtually everything she owns as collateral to secure her husband Edgar J. Steele's bond pending his trial next month. But Chief U.S. Magistrate Candy W. Dale on Wednesday denied him the chance for release from jail. He'll remain in the custody of the U.S. Marshals.

High profile attorney Edgar Steele, 65, of Sagle, is set to be tried starting March 7 in U.S. District Court on four felony counts, including one for use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire.
He is accused of hiring a hitman, Sagle handyman Larry Fairfax, to kill Cyndi Steele and her mother. Federal prosecutors say they have recorded conversations between Fairfax and Edgar Steele plotting the murder.

Fairfax has admitted to accepting money from Edgar Steele for the alleged hit and attaching a massive pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele's SUV with wiring to the exhaust system. Fairfax is scheduled to be sentenced for that next month.

The proposed $1 million bond would have been secured by the title to the Steeles' property and co-signed by Cyndi Steele, David Shelly, Jeff Miller and Allen Banks. The group has a collective net worth of more than $1 million, according to court documents.

Edgar Steele also is charged with use of explosive materials to commit a federal felony, possession of a destructive device in relation to a crime of violence, and tampering with a victim. He was arrested in June of last year at his home.

Later that month, a detention hearing was conducted and Dale found that Steele was a danger to the community and that he posed a threat to obstruct justice and intimidate witnesses. She pointed to jailhouse phone calls made by Edgar Steele on June 13 to Cyndi and their son, Rex Steele, which were recorded and then played in court. The calls were made two days after he was arrested.

Steele told his wife in one call, "After you hear this tape tomorrow, no matter what you hear, not matter what you think, no matter what you feel, you have to say the following: 'No, that is not my husband's voice.' And then like a rhinoceros in the road, you have to stand your ground and refuse to say anything but that. OK. You heard me, right?"

Edgar Steele told her that federal authorities would need her help to authenticate his voice on the recordings where her murder is allegedly being plotted. Fairfax turned from hitman to undercover informant, wearing a hidden recording device in their meetings.

Steele's attorneys, Robert T. McAllister, of Englewood, Colo., and Gary I. Amendola, of Coeur d'Alene, said in court documents that the recordings between their client and Fairfax are of poor quality and subject to different interpretations by the listener.

Cyndi Steele has listened to the tapes. "Obviously she does not believe her husband of 25 years is guilty of the charges," they wrote in their motion for a secured property bond. They continued: "She said that whenever there were discussions about the alleged plot she noticed changes in background noise and her husband's voice lost certain inflections that are very familiar to her."

The defense attorneys also question the likelihood of the pipe-bomb plot actually working, since there was no remote trigger to explode the bomb while Cyndi and her mother were riding in the vehicle.

Federal prosecutors have said that in addition to producing the recorded conversations between Steele and Fairfax about the murder plot and Steele's alibi, they also plan to produce evidence of Steele's motive.

Prosecutors, in court documents, said Steele wanted to be with another women and that he took steps to be with her. Assistant U.S. Attorneys Marc Haws and Traci Whelan wrote: "The defendant had been establishing a relationship with a young woman who lives outside of the U.S. This young woman was located and interviewed by Ukrainian officials and at the time of her interview she provided them with a letter she received from the defendant while he was in custody."

They said the letter is evidence he would likely flee if released.
Prosecutors, in court documents, said the defense has announced it intends to introduce evidence at trial that Edgar Steele has a "mental disease or defect or other mental condition."

They pointed to that as another reason to prevent his release before trial.
Haws and Whelan said it appears the defense is attempting to establish that Steele was "emotionally unstable" when the alleged murder-for-hire plot was discussed and set in motion.

"It is concerning that if the defendant suffers from such an affliction, releasing him unmonitored to live in a home with the target of the murder-for-hire would be a fatal error," they wrote.

This explains it in detail (media distorts everything in this case, you should know that) link: http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=207

Old February 18th, 2011 #1339
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Childish Propaganda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
This explains it in detail (media distorts everything in this case, you should know that) link: http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=207
This is old news and childish propaganda. It is beyond argument that Steele is crazy as a shit house rat. He has done great work for our cause before his aneurism but he is permanently brain dead for our purposes. It does no good for us to bury our head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich.

He is destined for life in a mental institution and can never be cured. Stroke damage is forever. I hate to admit it but the judge was right. He is a danger to himself and others. There is no telling what he will do next. Of course he will get out when the U.S. government collapses and the race war starts.

Old February 18th, 2011 #1340
-JC

Default And when exactly do you think those conditions would be acknowledged to have existed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
... Of course he will get out when the U.S. government collapses and the race war starts.

And, for example, is declaring, admitting if you will, bankruptcy necessary for the state to actually exist? Its been submitted that a nation (land + a people) that cannot protect its borders is no longer a nation at all.

Would what has been suggested were show trials orchestrated by aliens of those who defended/reclaimed land for their people, such as those at Nürnburg, indicate race war?

Tags
edgar steele

Thread