Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 11th, 2017 #1
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Thumbs down TSA to Use Face Recognition (Biometrics)

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/1...rough-airports

"..The “PreCheck” program is billed as a convenient service to allow U.S. travelers to “speed through security” at airports. However, the latest proposal released by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) reveals the Department of Homeland Security’s greater underlying plan to collect face images and iris scans on a nationwide scale. DHS’s programs will become a massive violation of privacy that could serve as a gateway to the collection of biometric data to identify and track every traveler at every airport and border crossing in the country.."

This is the same technology in the I-Phone X that is used to unlock the phone via scanning your face. And to make emojis 'talk', which is stupid but makes the technology seem benign:

Hope you don't need 911 and take too long, or use another person's phone.

I see this as serving little to no purpose other than violation of privacy, we could keep folks a lot safer with borders and immigration policies than making legal citizens enter their biometric info into a database and being tracked everywhere they go.

This is also like the technology coming for the TV that will tell you which commercials make your pupils dilate, and direct ads 'just for you'....but what it really amounts to is a tv that watches the people, just like in Sci-Fi novels.

Creepy, unnecessary stuff IMHO. We should be exploring space, curing disease, etc., not spying on people.

Old November 12th, 2017 #2
Ray Allan

I have a cheap cell phone for emergencies only, like when driving. I don't even think it has GPS, very basic model. And that's only because CB radio is basically obsolete. I will never own of those gadgets above--really creepy. I'm also never going near an airport and flying again. Shit, do I have to become Ted Kaczynski now?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old November 12th, 2017 #3
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I have a cheap cell phone for emergencies only, like when driving. I don't even think it has GPS, very basic model. And that's only because CB radio is basically obsolete. I will never own of those gadgets above--really creepy. I'm also never going near an airport and flying again. Shit, do I have to become Ted Kaczynski now?
Yes, you must get your log cabin kit ordered, hasta pronto.

Re the gadgets: I'm already creeped out by Siri: I was talking to someone once and said, 'seriously, are you kidding...' and the phone went, 'ding ding--I'm only trying to help'...It was Siri, the word 'seriously' triggered it to come on and answer me. So creepy. I phone 5, which will be obsolete soon. Siri did help me find my way out of a Wildlife Preserve area I got lost and drove through, though, so the bish can come in handy.

So the phone can listen to me, but it does not need to also look at me, good lord.

And I hate the idea of what amounts to global biometrics, where people are not autonomous anywhere on earth, I see that as very dangerous, that level of far-reaching control of Gubbmint over people.

They will always push stuff with an example of safety (finding a lost child) or fun (look at the cute things you can do with it!)

..But they have done nothing to protect our borders, they've aided the development of terrorist organizations, and so on, and then want to take away your liberty to 'protect' you. Ya rite.

I think there will be a lot of people not only get off the main grid, but perhaps create an 'alternate' grid. Will be interesting to see the response to some of these things, they don't always get the response from the public (((they're))) expecting.

Old November 12th, 2017 #4
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default Mo' Creepy Shit

2D talking hologram "people" at Heathrow Airport:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929574335324610560

Last edited by Emily Henderson; November 12th, 2017 at 08:39 PM. Reason: 2d, not 3d

Thread