VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 16th, 2014 #281
Ian Smith son

Post U.S. embassies still processing visas in Ebola hot zone

(DAILY SIGNAL) Despite the outbreak of Ebola, it is still possible to get a visa from the three West African countries at the heart of the outbreak, and a key congressman is demanding to know why.

Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee, sent a sternly worded letter to Secretary of State John Kerry about the Obama administration’s handling of the Ebola epidemic in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Royce said he was “deeply concerned” U.S. embassies in those countries were continuing to process visas for non-U.S. nationals despite the outbreak of the deadly disease.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/1328155/#cWCUzr8s1Wbq9SJJ.99

Old October 16th, 2014 #282
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

tribal warlord Obongo is going to create a:

Quote:
'rapid response SWAT team'
WTF?!

Quote:
SWAT (acronym for "Special Weapons And Tactics") is a commonly used proper name for law enforcement units, which use military-style light weapons and specialized tactics in high-risk operations that fall outside of the capabilities of regular, uniformed police.

If obongo is able to dodge this bullet spear (oops. SS troops, that was a metaphor) what will become of a anti-virus SWAT team? What will it morph into?

Will the anti-virus SWAT team morph into an organization that tracks down those infected with virulent "anti-semitism", virulent "racism", virulent "homophobia", virulent "xenophobia", virulent petophobia, virulent "hate", virulent "bullying", etc?

You know, just like HLS has morphed into something that is hunting for "home grown terrorist", the types that have an unnatural attachment to the Bill of Rights.

SWAT SWAT

Last edited by Tintin; October 16th, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

Old October 16th, 2014 #283
littlefieldjohn

Old October 16th, 2014 #284
Dawn Cannon

Default More suspected ebola brought to Madrid

MADRID, SPAIN - OCTOBER 16: An ambulance arrives at Carlos III hospital, carrying a suspected Ebola patient from an Air France plane that landed at Madrid Barajas airport to on October 16, 2014 in Madrid, Spain. Madrid's Barajas international airport activated emergency measures after a passenger on an Air France flight from Lagos via Paris was suspected of possibly having Ebola. All passengers on the Air France 1300 plane will now be disinfected.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/get...ocId=457303384

Old October 16th, 2014 #286
Jerry Abbott

Default Ebola in the United States

Ebola is a viral hemorrhagic disease having a high degree of human to human contagiousness. It is usually fatal, and there is no cure. Persons who are infected develop symptoms within one to three weeks, and they usually die one to two weeks after the symptoms appear. Like HIV, ebola is African in origin, named after a river there, and African fruit bats seem to form the animal reservoir from which ebola makes periodic outbreaks among domesticated animals and into the human population.

Once thought to have been wiped out, ebola began to appear in the Guéckédou Prefecture of Guinea, Africa, in February 2014. The present outbreak was first diagnosed as ebola in Liberia in March 2014. As of 23 September 2014, about 6000 cases had been diagnosed in Liberia and in Sierra Leone. The disease has been spreading very rapidly, and medical researchers estimate that the doubling time for the number of infections has been 18 days in Liberia and 35 days in Sierra Leone, and they predict 21000 cases by 1 November. There are several thousand more cases of ebola in Guinea, which borders both Liberia and Sierra Leone. All three countries are in West Africa, under the "rump."

Additionally, the number of unreported ebola cases might exceed the number of cases reported.

You will sometimes read that certain people (such as missionaries Nancy Writebol and Kent Brantly) were "cured" of ebola, but that's misleading. Ebola Zaire (the strain that is causing the current outbreak in Liberia) has an overall fatality rate of about 75%. Infected persons do sometimes get better on their own—not because there's any effective treatment other than shielding the patient from secondary infections while he is fighting ebola.

On 14 September 2014, Thomas Eric Duncan (African black male, age 42), along with three other black males, carried Marthalene Williams (African black female, age 19), 7-months pregnant, to and then back from an Ebola Treatment Center, which had refused to admit her because it was already overcrowded. Williams died early in the morning on 15 September.

Two of the other three men who helped Duncan carry Marthalene Williams from the hospital have also died of ebola. One of them was her brother, Sonny Boy (African black, age 21).

Duncan had been employed as a chauffeur for the general manager of Safeway Cargo in Monrovia. He left his job abruptly, without informing his employer of his absence from work. Duncan's former boss, Henry Brunson, and coworkers have stated that Duncan believed himself to be infected before he suddenly quit his job.

On 18 September 2014, Duncan boarded Brussels Airlines Flight 1247 in Monrovia, Liberia, and flew to Brussels, Belgium. Duncan flew from Brussels to Dulles International Airport in Washington DC on United Airlines Flight 951. From there, Duncan flew to Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, aboard United Airlines Flight 822, arriving on 20 September, ostensibly intending a one-month stay.

In order to be cleared for travel by airplane, Duncan falsely denied having had any contact with ebola-infected persons on a form required by customs in Liberia.

Thomas Eric Duncan had a girlfriend, a sister, and a son living in Dallas. The girlfriend is Louise Troh (black, age 54); the sister is Mai Wureh (black, on Facebook); the son is Eric Duncan (black, age 19). If you believe some of the stories in the news, Duncan came to the US intending to visit his relatives and to marry Troh. But Duncan had not even seen his son Eric since he was a toddler, so the timing of his visit seems to make that explanation questionable. It's more likely that Duncan suspected that he might be infected himself and that his real reason for coming to America was to get free medical treatment that he couldn't get in Africa. If so, then his relationship with his son and with Troh merely supplied a pretext for his visit and determined which US city would end up getting stuck with his diseased ass.

Duncan's return to Africa had been scheduled for 19 October, along the reverse route, except that his final destination was to have been Lungi International Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone, rather than Liberia. Of course, Duncan never returned to Africa. When his symptoms were discovered on 26 September, Duncan was examined at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, but the doctors failed to make the correct diagnosis and released Duncan the same day. The error was recognized and the diagnosis was corrected on 28 September, and Duncan was admitted.

In the two days between his two attempts to be admitted to the hospital, Duncan is known to have had at least proximal contact with several hundred people, including children who attend four different public schools. During this time, Duncan's symptoms became strong, including high fever and vomiting. Duncan died in the hospital on 8 October. Meanwhile, in Africa, another seven Liberians believed to have been infected by Marthalene Williams had also died from ebola.

Soon after Duncan's death, a nurse named Nina Pham (US-resident Asian, age 26), began showing symptoms of ebola and was quarantined. On 16 October, Pham was moved from Dallas to a National Institutes of Health isolation unit in Bethesda, Maryland. Pham's boyfriend, an unnamed employee of Alcon Laboratories, was also quarantined. I am uncertain whether or not Mr. Boyfriend has any of the symptoms of ebola.

A second nurse, Amber Joy Vinson (US-resident black, age 29) was also infected but didn't show symptoms as quickly. Vinson flew from Dallas/Ft. Worth TX to Cleveland, Ohio, aboard Frontier Airlines Flight 1142 on 10 October 2014. While in Ohio, she visited with relatives in Tallmadge OH. She began showing symptoms (mild fever) just before she made a return trip on Frontier Airlines Flight 1143, along with 132 other passengers, on the morning of 13 October 2014.

The Frontier jet that carried Vinson to Dallas (tail number N220FR) made five further flights before being taken out of service. Those flights were:

Dallas to Cleveland
Frontier Flight 2042
9:11 - 11:14 EST

Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale
Frontier Flight 1104
12:24 - 15:00 EST

Fort Lauderdale to Cleveland
Frontier Flight 1105
16:03 - 18:16 EST

Cleveland to Atlanta
Frontier Flight 1101
19:24 - 21:03 EST

Atlanta to Cleveland
Frontier Flight 1100
22:12 - 23:19 EST

On 14 October 2014, Amber Vinson's stepfather, a resident of Tallmadge, was quarantined in the house where he lives and to which Amber Vinson paid a visit. The house has been cordoned off by the police.

Amber Vincent was moved from Dallas to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, on 15 October. So now there are four known places from which the disease might conceivably radiate, if the medical professionals screw up again: Dallas TX, Cleveland OH, Bethesda ML, and Atlanta GA.

Last edited by Jerry Abbott; October 17th, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

Old October 16th, 2014 #287
Dawn Cannon

Default Ohio and Texas Close Some Schools

DALLAS — An Ebola-infected nurse’s air travel between Dallas and Cleveland has sent ripples of concern through at least two states, leading to school closings and voluntary isolations.

Schools in Texas and Ohio were closed on Thursday after officials learned that students and an adult had either been on the flight with the nurse, Amber Joy Vinson, or had contact with her while she was visiting the Akron area.

In Akron, Ohio, officials dismissed students at the Resnik Community Learning Center at midday and said it would remain closed until Monday. In a letter to parents, the schools superintendent in Akron, David W. James, said that “a parent at the school had spent time with Ebola patient Amber Vinson when she visited the area this past weekend.”

Resnik Community Learning Center, 2006

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/17/us...s-concern.html

Old October 16th, 2014 #288
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
“I must go back to Sierra Leone to continue my work in helping those people affected by Obola.”

Stupid cunt "whites" like this love playing the "martyr" who sacrifice themselves for the Oppressed People of Color - as long as they've got the White world's medical infrastructure to save them (and fellow Whites to endanger in the process). I can almost hear him thinking:

"It's one thing to catch ebola when helping - but if I go right back there, everyone will REALLY praise me for my Righteousness!"

If you told him and the other fools that they were just following paternalistic Kipling's urging to "take up the White Man's Burden", they'd no doubt fly into an indignant rage.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old October 16th, 2014 #289
The Bobster
Banned

http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/ebola-v...spital-system/

Ebola victim’s nephew speaks: The system killed him
By Josephus Weeks
October 16, 2014 | 3:27am

Josephus Weeks, nephew of Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, who died Oct. 8 in Dallas, speaks with a reporter in a hotel room on Oct. 10.
Photo: AP

On Friday, Sept. 25, 2014, my uncle Thomas Eric Duncan went to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. He had a high fever and stomach pains. He told the nurse he had recently been in Liberia. But he was a man of color with no health insurance and no means to pay for treatment, so within hours, he was released with some antibiotics and Tylenol.

Two days later, he returned to the hospital in an ambulance. Two days after that, he was finally diagnosed with Ebola. Eight days later, he died alone in a hospital room.

Now, Dallas suffers. Our country is concerned. Greatly. About the lack of answers and transparency coming from a hospital whose ignorance, incompetence and indecency has yet to be explained. I write this on behalf of my family because we want to set the record straight about what happened and ensure that Thomas Eric did not die in vain. So, here’s the truth about my uncle and his battle with Ebola.

Thomas Eric Duncan was cautious. Among the most offensive errors in the media during my uncle’s illness are the accusations that he knew he was exposed to Ebola — that is just not true. Eric lived in a careful manner, as he understood the dangers of living in Liberia amid this outbreak. He limited guests in his home, he did not share drinking cups or eating utensils.

And while the stories of my uncle helping a pregnant woman with Ebola are courageous, Thomas Eric personally told me that never happened. Like hundreds of thousands of West Africans, carefully avoiding Ebola was part of my uncle’s daily life.

And I can tell you with 100 percent certainty: Thomas Eric would have never knowingly exposed anyone to this illness.

Thomas Eric Duncan was a victim of a broken system. The biggest unanswered question about my uncle’s death is why the hospital would send home a patient with a 103-degree fever and stomach pains who had recently been in Liberia — and he told them he had just returned from Liberia explicitly due to the Ebola threat.

Some speculate that this was a failure of the internal communications systems. Others have speculated that antibiotics and Tylenol are the standard protocol for a patient without insurance.

The hospital is not talking. Until then, we are all left to wonder. What we do know is that their error affects all of society. Their bad judgment or misjudgment sent my uncle back into the community for days with a highly contagious case of Ebola.

Thomas Eric Duncan could have been saved. Finally, what is most difficult for us — Thomas Eric’s mother, children and those closest to him — to accept is the fact that our loved one could have been saved. From his botched release from the emergency room to his delayed testing and delayed treatment and the denial of experimental drugs that have been available to every other case of Ebola treated in the US, the hospital invited death every step of the way.

When my uncle was first admitted, the hospital told us that an Ebola test would take three to seven days. Miraculously, the deputy who was feared to have Ebola just last week was tested and had results within 24 hours.

The fact is, nine days passed between my uncle’s first ER visit and the day the hospital asked our consent to give him an experimental drug — but despite the hospital’s request, they were never able to access these drugs for my uncle. [Editor’s note: Hospital officials have said they started giving Duncan the drug Brincidofovir on Oct. 4.] He died alone. His only medication was a saline drip.

For our family, the most humiliating part of this ordeal was the treatment we received from the hospital. For the 10 days he was in the hospital, they not only refused to help us communicate with Thomas Eric, but they also acted as an impediment. The day Thomas Eric died, we learned about it from the news media, not his doctors.

Our nation will never mourn the loss of my uncle, who was in this country for the first time to visit his son. But our nation and our family can agree that what happened at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas must never happen to another family.

In time, we may learn why my uncle’s initial visit to the hospital was met with such incompetence and insensitivity.

Until that day comes, our family will fight for transparency, accountability and answers, for my uncle and for the safety of the country we love.

Old October 16th, 2014 #290
The Bobster
Banned

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...for-halloween/

Companies Selling Controversial Ebola Themed Costumes For Halloween
October 15, 2014 3:59 PM
By John McDevitt

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Too scary for Halloween? Expect to see Ebola themed costumes in the mix, and it’s causing some controversy.

Ebola zombies, Ebola containment workers and even an Ebola soup are some of the ideas being thrown out there for Halloween costumes this year.

A college student, Kayla, says, “I personally don’t think it’s a problem. I just think it’s, I mean, people make fun of everything and now of days — you just got to be like, whatever.”

Paul Johnston is the manger of Masquerade costume shop in South Philadelphia. He says, “It’s inappropriate. I wouldn’t buy them, and I buy a lot of costumes for this store. I wouldn’t touch them. And I don’t want to make fun of people who are sick, you know.”

One company is even selling hazmat suits complete with goggles and breathing masks online for $79.99.

Old October 16th, 2014 #291
Jerry Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bobster
Thomas Eric Duncan was cautious. Among the most offensive errors in the media during my uncle’s illness are the accusations that he knew he was exposed to Ebola — that is just not true.
How strange that Duncan's employer and his coworkers at Safeway Cargo are assured that Duncan did know that he'd been exposed to Ebola.

Quote:
And while the stories of my uncle helping a pregnant woman with Ebola are courageous, Thomas Eric personally told me that never happened. Like hundreds of thousands of West Africans, carefully avoiding Ebola was part of my uncle’s daily life.
How strange that we know the name of this pregnant woman, the name of the hospital that Duncan took her to, and the name of the woman's brother, who helped Duncan take her there.

Quote:
And I can tell you with 100 percent certainty: Thomas Eric would have never knowingly exposed anyone to this illness.
Duncan the Black ran to the white man's country because he knew that the white man was his only hope of salvation. Unfortunately, not even the white man has in his book of magic tricks the particular spell that he needed.

Old October 16th, 2014 #292
ELF

This is all part of the jewish vermin's plans to do away with out race.

Think about what better way to keep our race weak and off balance then terrorizing everyone to keep them isolated, off balance and scared shitless by letting these diseased niggers into our nations so that people will hunker down in small groups that will be easier to dispose of once the jewish scum drop the hammer of doom on our race and nations.

If it was not so then our governments would have banned all travel to and from Apfreka at the fist sign of an outbreak of ebola.

I know this sounds pretty far out there but in a sick way it seems to make sense.

Old October 16th, 2014 #293
The Bobster
Banned

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...e-long-enough/

Drexel Study Claims 21 Day Quarantine For Ebola Might Not Be Long Enough
October 16, 2014 12:12 PM

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new Drexel study published in the journal PLOS One suggests 21 days might not be a long enough quarantine period for those who have been exposed to the Ebola virus.

The research, which was conducted by Professor Charles Haas, PhD, and used data from both previous outbreaks and the first nine months of the current outbreak, claims that there is still a .1 to 12% risk of that person developing the virus if they are released from quarantine after 21 days.

“In other words from 0.1 to 12% of the time, an individual case will have a greater incubation time than 21 days,” Haas concludes.

The current WHO guidance on quarantining people for Ebola is 21 days, which is based on the supposed 2-21 day incubation period; however, Haas suggests a broader look at the risk factors and the costs and benefits when setting a quarantine standard.

In response the CDC has said, “CDC doesn’t comment on other research. CDC reports based on their findings. The recommended 21 days incubation time is based on their own research.”

Old October 17th, 2014 #296
Crystal Winterfrost
卐 ☠ ϟϟ ✠ 卐 ✠ ϟϟ ☠ 卐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
there does not seem to be a single photograph of the over thousand plus document species the practice homosexuality.

Old October 17th, 2014 #297
Crystal Winterfrost
卐 ☠ ϟϟ ✠ 卐 ✠ ϟϟ ☠ 卐

Alarm after vomiting passenger dies on flight from Nigeria to JFK

Quote:
The unnamed, 63-year-old passenger had boarded an Arik Air plane out of Lagos, Nigeria, on Wednesday night, a federal law enforcement source said.

During the flight, the man had been vomiting in his seat, the source said. Some time before the plane landed, he passed away. Flight crew contacted the CDC, federal customs officials and Port Authority police, who all boarded the plane at around 6 a.m. as about 145 worried passengers remained on board, the source said.

“The door [to the terminal] was left open, which a lot of the first responders found alarming,” said the source.

“My understanding was that the passenger was vomiting in the seat,” King (R-LI) said.

“The CDC went on the plane, examined the dead body and said the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“It was what I was told a cursory examination. The Port Authority cops and personnel from Customs and Border Protection were there, and they were told there was no danger because the person did not have Ebola,” King said.
“But their concern was, how could you tell so quickly? And what adds to the concern is how wrong the CDC has been over the past few weeks.”
Quote:
Between 70 and 100 passengers a day arrive at JFK from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, the three West African countries that are the epicenter of the outbreak, King said. “These individuals transit the airport with the rest of the traveling population, including using the restrooms,” King wrote to Jeh Johnson, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, in a letter Thursday. “Only after they arrive at the Customs and Border Patrol primary screening location that they are separated and sent to secondary inspection for a medical check and to complete the questionnaire,” he wrote Johnson.

Old October 17th, 2014 #298
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex revision View Post
Who cares about hazmats? Here's the real deal:

http://halloweenstuffs.com/2014-ebol...ween-costumes/

Look what's just come out. Interesting discussions to follow?:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/t...nomy-of-ebola/

Quote:
... if the people infected with Ebola were white, the problem would be solved. But the market’s role in both drug companies’ refusal to invest in research and the conditions on the ground created by neoliberal policies that exacerbate and even encourage outbreaks goes unmentioned.

Racism is certainly a factor...

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; October 17th, 2014 at 03:09 AM.

Old October 17th, 2014 #299
Dawn Cannon

Default Oboma orders call-up of the National Guard and additional military reservists

President Barack Obama authorized a call-up of the National Guard and additional military reservists to active duty on Thursday in case they are needed to address the humanitarian crisis that has resulted from the Ebola outbreak. irresponsible doogooder negro breeding programmes in Africa.

So far, the U.S. has deployed 130 health and disaster response experts and 350 military personnel to West Africa, according to a fact sheet released by the White House on October 6. Before Thursday’s announcement, the Pentagon press secretary had said the military could send up to 4,000 troops to West Africa.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has repeatedly said the top priority for protecting Americans from Ebola is stopping the disease at its source in West Africa.

http://www.newsweek.com/president-ob...-africa-277991

Old October 17th, 2014 #300
ELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has repeatedly said the top priority for protecting Americans from Ebola is stopping the disease at its source in West Africa.
A few cobalt-60 salted hydrogen bombs would go far in stopping the spread of ebola.

Tags
#1, africa, dallas, ebola, liberia, texas

Thread