VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 6th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Could It Happen Here? UK Parents Arrested Because Their Child Is Obese

A couple have been arrested by police on suspicion of cruelty and neglect of their obese child.

A 49-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman, from King’s Lynn in Norfolk, were questioned by officers over the child’s care and released on bail.

Police said intervention at this level was “very rare” and only occurred where other attempts to protect the child had been unsuccessful.

A spokeswoman added police were working with health and social services.

The Sun reported the couple’s 11-year-old son is 5ft 1in (1.5m) and 15 stone, with a body mass index (BMI) of 41.8.

It alleged concerned teachers and doctors prompted intervention by social services and then police.

Police and Norfolk County Council said it would not discuss the “victim” or the circumstances of the case.

‘Protection from harm’

The couple were arrested in March on suspicion of child neglect and cruelty under section 1 of the Children’s Act 1933.

“When dealing with sensitive issues such as obesity and neglect of children, officers from the force’s Child Abuse Investigation Unit work closely with partners, significantly with both health care and social services, to ensure any response to address them are proportionate and necessary,” police said.

“Any action taken by any agency will be subject to a joint strategy and will always be taken with the welfare of the child and their protection from harm as paramount.”

Norfolk County Council spokeswoman said:

“Our priority will always be the health, well-being and safety of Norfolk’s children and we will always do all we can to support families to meet their children’s needs.”

Contributed by Chris Carrington of The Daily Sheeple.

Chris Carrington is a writer, researcher and lecturer with a background in science, technology and environmental studies. Chris is an editor for The Daily Sheeple. Wake the flock up!

Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide

read full article at source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/could...s-obese_062014

Old June 7th, 2014 #2
Dakota Dave

For those of us in the states how many pounds equals a stone? Either way I do know that the kids bmi is really high. I don't like the gov telling people what to do however at what point do they step in? I do know some kids that were chunky but if its to the point that the kid is seriously risking health issues then someone has to correct it. Are the parents just letting jr sit around and be glued to the tv or xbox? I know when I was a kid we were never in the house and usually got in trouble for not coming in when mom called us.

Old June 7th, 2014 #3
Nick Collings

A Stone is 14 lbs., so the 11-year-old was about 210 lbs.

Which is pretty goddamned fat.

But then consider Norfolk County, UK--known as "an illiterate incestuous backwater;" the local specialty is a flour dumpling.

Old June 7th, 2014 #4
Joey Joejoe

I think big brother finally got something right in this case. I have seen kids fatter than that in the USA, and doing something about it isn't a bad idea, although I think taking the child away might be better than jailing the parents?

5.1- 210 pounds is pretty fat, unless it's a islander with a massive bone structure, but I have seen bigger!

After you see some 5 foot must be 400lb kid walking around eating chips, ice cream, and concoctions of junk foods you would never have imagined this doesn't seem that awful. If not a very early death the parents have subjected their child to a life time of motorized scooters, joint pain, scorn, humiliation, and taken from them the joys of physical exertion in work and sports.

Old June 7th, 2014 #5
ELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Joejoe View Post
I think big brother finally got something right in this case. I have seen kids fatter than that in the USA, and doing something about it isn't a bad idea, although I think taking the child away might be better than jailing the parents?

5.1- 210 pounds is pretty fat, unless it's a islander with a massive bone structure, but I have seen bigger!

After you see some 5 foot must be 400lb kid walking around eating chips, ice cream, and concoctions of junk foods you would never have imagined this doesn't seem that awful. If not a very early death the parents have subjected their child to a life time of motorized scooters, joint pain, scorn, humiliation, and taken from them the joys of physical exertion in work and sports.
I agree, it's plain common sense that Good Parents will damn well make sure that their kids are healthy and eating properly.

But given the destruction of good White morals and stable and loving households/families it is no wonder why most kids are such lard asses these days.

Old June 7th, 2014 #6
Joe_Smith

If the child was underweight to the same extremity that he is overweight, nobody would have a problem with the state intervening.

Chances are the person writing the article all freaked out is a fat irresponsible fuck unfit to be a parent himself.

Old June 8th, 2014 #7
Nick Collings

Don't forget that starving isn't good for business.

A little fat swine porks up on high-margin junk food and the concomitant medical treatments, not to mention the counselling he'll eventually receive and the stationary entertainment he'll consume.

Bad parenting is encouraged by consumerism; consider that some people consider fast food and televitz to be child abuse--I heartily agree.

Thread