VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 2nd, 2012 #21
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder
Default Re: Scientology a 'very weird cult' says Rupert Murdoch (White Christian zionist)

Would expect a little deeper analysis. I don't know for sure, because I don't follow Tom Cruise closely, but I do read articles from time to time, but consider this:

When did the media get a hard-on for hating Tom Cruise:

- after he proclaimed his undying love for his wife
- after he denounced psychiatry and head pills

I somewhat see Cruise's treatment at the hands of the media as a lite version of what's been accorded Mel Gibson.

Cruise hasn't hit the kikes directly, but he has taken on some of their favorite big industries, and their favorite means of fucking up goyish lives.

Then again, maybe it's just that I share Cruise's belief that using head pills is crazy, and psychiatry is basically just a jewish scam.

I also get a whiff that just maybe jews are a little nervous about Scientology because as weird as it is, it seems to be pretty good at the lawyerball and trash-fishing and collective aggression-called-defense that jews are themselves.

I've never seen anything specifically on the official jewish attitude toward Scientology, but I note that ZOG/Germany has gone after it very hard, and since the Deutschenpups don't do anything without big dog's approval, somewhere, some jew council has made it clear this is one group it's fine to mess with.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #22
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder
Default Re: Scientology a 'very weird cult' says Rupert Murdoch (White Christian zionist)

One thing I do think is respectable about Tom Cruise is his commitment to what he's doing. If you read about him, this is usually the main thing brought out. That's respectable, even in an actor. There's not much except busywork can be done by half-measures.

I see now the media lining up to back his wife; we'll see what the truth is, but where I sit she looks like another brainless chick who probably thinks she's some kind of hero for breaking her commitment. Women's general inability to withstand social pressure is one reason no one really takes them seriously; it's also the reason it is sociecidal, to coin a word, to let them vote and play at being judges and such.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #23
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

[my comments at bottom]

Katie Holmes
Afraid Tom Would Ship Suri
To Radical Scientology Org

The final straw in Katie Holmes' decision to file for divorce was that she was convinced Tom Cruise was going to send 6-year-old Suri away to a hardcore Scientology organization known as Sea Organization ... sources connected with Katie tell TMZ.

Sea Org, as it is known, is where the highest levels of Scientology are taught -- and according to the Church website, it is composed of adults and minors who have committed their lives to the volunteer service of their religion. Our sources say Tom is a big fan.

Our sources say Katie and Tom had been arguing over Suri's indoctrination into Scientology -- and we're told the Sea Org was the flashpoint.

The Sea Org has been often compared to a boot camp and several ex-Scientologists (including Oscar winner Paul Haggis) have been outspoken against its military-like conditions. The Freewinds, the massive Scientology boat that was the location of Cruise's infamous birthday party in 2004, is entirely staffed by Sea Org members.

According to the official Scientology website, members of Sea Org sign "a one-billion-year pledge to symbolize their eternal commitment to the religion and it is still signed by all members today."

Katie herself has first-hand knowledge of the Sea Org. When Holmes and Cruise first hooked up in 2005, Jessica Feshbach, a prominent Scientologist who had been with the Sea Org since 1994, was transferred and became Katie's assistant/Scientology chaperone. Feshbach, in one of Katie's first interviews after getting together with Cruise, was described by a writer for W magazine as "cold-eyed" and "a third-wheel."

In the end ... we're told Katie felt the only way to save Suri from being shipped off to Sea Org was to file for divorce and seek sole legal custody.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/02/tom-cr...ology-sea-org/

[If this story is true...if...then it perfectly shows you why women should have no say in the disposition of the children they birth. Cruise was a serious Scientologist the day Holmes met him. It is, per the story, unthinkable that she and he did not have many conversations about it, nor that she could have failed to appreciate its significance to his thinking and his life. It is, therefore, inconceivable that she could have failed to realize that any issue she produced with this man would be inculcated by him with Scientological doctrines.

Yet, she abandons him, breaking a legal commitment she made before god and man, because of something she knew he was going to do all along.

This is why no one takes women seriously: they aren't serious.

The deep truth - and this could save some of you the greatest pain there is - is that no one truly believes, no matter what they mouth, that women are capable of agency. (Agency means that you are capable of acting and taking responsibility for your actions.) The feminists don't believe it, and the conservatives don't believe it either. The feminists can't admit it because it undercuts their ideology; but you can see they actually believe it in their demands that women have everything, legally, both ways.

Keep reading reaction, and you will see that it uniformly takes the line that makes the man the bad guy, even though, as far as we know, he has done nothing wrong, and merely sought to do the best he could for his children. Not a single voice in the media will take Holmes to task for breaking her vows. Not a single voice will pipe up, "Hey, Katie: you knew exactly what you were getting into; you are an irresponsible, immoral family-wrecking, selfish cunt, and all the praise you get from the junkmedia won't change that."

This is what we get when we let our natural enemy take over our System. He destroys our families by making women our legal superiors, and replacing the will of the man, the head of the family, with the will of the state. Cant phrases like "the bests interests of the child" become common in the state media. As if there is some objective measure of the child's interests other than what the father wants for it.

Now we reap the natural consequences of our weakness, blindness and disunity. We see that even the richest and most successful among us are merely toys to be played with by the state and the mental children called women it has elevated above us legally and socially.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #24
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

Fun fact: Jamie Kelso was a member of Sea Org, if I recall correctly. Would be interesting to hear his opinion on this.

Old July 2nd, 2012 #25
Gary Peiper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Fun fact: Jamie Kelso was a member of Sea Org, if I recall correctly. Would be interesting to hear his opinion on this.
Yes, Kelso was deep into Hubbardom...

Louis Fahrakahn (sp) has also taken a great interest in Scientology.

I always saw Cruise as a guy getting what he deserved from the media...but for all the wrong reasons.

Lot of people don't realize that Scientology has been in serious decline, especially since it really started getting hammered by the media in 2005...by some estimates it has lost more than half of its members.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #26
Darius Appleby
Banned

Location: high rainfall coastal strip of the White Continent nation
Default too much Mimi is not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
One can see how that sagging monstrosity would indeed turn even a straight man off.
This woman has spent most of her acting career with her tits out.

Cruise only wanted her for her body, but she got him hooked on scientology.

She must have had a few miles on her when she snared Tom.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #27
Where to begin.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Appleby View Post
I hear he has been reading VNN forums lately. He wants to make a financial contribution to our cause Bev, to buy you off from making more attacks on him, and to make up for the damage his support of zionism has caused over the years. Have you got a plan to use $US 100,000?
More ammo and a few more level 3a bullet proof vests.

What are you, an asshole?, Darius.

Isn't Darius a nigger name?

Old July 3rd, 2012 #28
Where to begin.
Banned

Quote:
Would expect a little deeper analysis. I don't know for sure, because I don't follow Tom Cruise closely, but I do read articles from time to time, but consider this:

When did the media get a hard-on for hating Tom Cruise:

- after he proclaimed his undying love for his wife
- after he denounced psychiatry and head pills

I somewhat see Cruise's treatment at the hands of the media as a lite version of what's been accorded Mel Gibson.

Cruise hasn't hit the kikes directly, but he has taken on some of their favorite big industries, and their favorite means of fucking up goyish lives.

Then again, maybe it's just that I share Cruise's belief that using head pills is crazy, and psychiatry is basically just a jewish scam.

I also get a whiff that just maybe jews are a little nervous about Scientology because as weird as it is, it seems to be pretty good at the lawyerball and trash-fishing and collective aggression-called-defense that jews are themselves.

I've never seen anything specifically on the official jewish attitude toward Scientology, but I note that ZOG/Germany has gone after it very hard, and since the Deutschenpups don't do anything without big dog's approval, somewhere, some jew council has made it clear this is one group it's fine to mess with.
No offense. I see scientology as a controlled cult, by yours truly.

But at the same time, I see scientology putting out very little, if any, anti white anything.

I see them as on the fence, leaning more to you know who.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #29
Darius Appleby
Banned

Arrow Re: Scientology a 'very weird cult' says Rupert Murdoch (White Christian zionist)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where to begin. View Post
More ammo and a few more level 3a bullet proof vests.

What are you, an asshole?, Darius.

Isn't Darius a nigger name?
I suppose Darius would be a nigger name if it was given to a nigger.

You are missing the context of previous VNN discussions concerning everything about Rupert Murdoch from him having no jew ancestors, to his UK media scandals, to Bevs scientology-like dislike of necessary pharmaceuticals for clinical depression.

As I expected Bev chose to spend the money on a media sob story for a girl murdered by a gypsy serial killer, or for homes for lost cats, rather than a plan for White activism in the UK.

Last edited by Darius Appleby; July 3rd, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #30
Darius Appleby
Banned

Arrow Re: Scientology a 'very weird cult' says Rupert Murdoch (White Christian zionist)

http://www.watoday.com.au/lifestyle/...703-21eaj.html

From Cruise control to loose cannon?
DAMIAN THOMPSON
July 3, 2012 - 9:24AM
Read laterComments 24

Doomed marriage ... Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, pictured in March 2011. Photo: Getty Images

His superstar status gave Scientology invaluable influence in Hollywood, but with a nasty-looking divorce looming, is Tom Cruise now a liability to the controversial Church?

Tom and Katie: body language tells a story
T
om Cruise is 50 years old today. Actors and actresses who trade on their looks rarely enjoy passing this particular milestone, and Cruise has plenty of other reasons to feel miserable.

He’s stuck in rainy Iceland, filming a thriller, while his third wife, Katie Holmes, files for divorce and sole custody of their six-year-old daughter, Suri. At the weekend, his spokesman asked the media to respect the couple’s privacy. The tabloids thought about this for a split second before splashing with ‘‘TOM AND KATIE TO DIVORCE - more details pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 21.’’

Couch jumping ... Cruise's antics on Oprah's couch raised eyebrows.

Why the hysteria? Cruise is one of Hollywood's most bankable stars, but he’s in the twilight of his career as a leading man. There used to be rumours he was gay, but no one has ever stood them up. If showbusiness reporters wanted to ‘‘out’’ A-list stars, which they don’t, then there are more obvious candidates.

But here’s another headline from yesterday: CULT STALKS KATIE. The ‘‘cult’’ is Scientology, to which Tom Cruise has belonged since his twenties. The headline comes from the Sun, whose owner, Rupert Murdoch, took to Twitter on Sunday to describe the religion as ‘‘something creepy, even evil’’.

Tom Cruise is not only the world’s most famous Scientologist but also one of its most powerful operatives. Some sources claim he’s Number Two to David Miscavige, the leader of the organisation and best man at his wedding to Holmes.

Another PR disaster .... Cruise was infamously mocked in an episode of South Park.

Miscavige - handsome, saturnine, ruthless - was responsible for transforming Scientology from the eccentric self-help sect founded by the science fiction author L Ron Hubbard into one of the most powerful social networks in Hollywood. And Cruise was central to that transformation.

For more than 20 years, the star of Top Gun has publicly saluted the Church of Scientology. His wholesome, reporting-for-duty eagerness has persuaded countless fans to try the therapeutic ‘‘auditing’’ courses pioneered in the Fifties by Hubbard.

Reputedly, no religion in the world extracts more money from its followers. (Many, it should be said, insist that it’s worth every cent.) Reaching ‘‘Clear’’, a level of enlightenment that strips you of all inherited fears and irrational thinking, could set you back as much as £30,000 over several years. But don’t expect to hear about Xenu, the intergalactic dictator who tried to kill billions of souls by stacking hydrogen bombs around volcanoes 75 million years ago. That yarn costs a whole lot more.

Powerful figure ... David Miscavige speaks during the inauguration of the Church of Scientology in Madrid in 2004. Photo: AP

In addition to the courses, you need accessories, such as an E-meter, a portable lie-detector with dials and switches that looks as if it was knocked up by BBC special effects for an early episode of Doctor Who.

One way to earn the money for ‘‘auditing’’, as the brain-cleansing technique is known, is to work for one of the Church’s military-style organisations. It has built a Disneyfied castle in the grounds of Saint Hill Manor, Hubbard’s country house in the West Sussex dormitory town of East Grinstead. There you can see young people strutting around in uniforms that make them look like, well, extras in a Tom Cruise movie.

Tom really was the jewel in Scientology’s crown. But the question he ought to be asking himself today, as he contemplates his mid-century, is whether the scales have tipped and he’s now a liability.

Single in the city ... Katie Holmes steps out for the first time since the divorce announcement. Photo: AP

From a public relations point of view, the Cruise-Holmes divorce is more than a car crash: it’s as if Xenu’s spaceship (which, according to Hubbard, looked like a DC-8 without engines) had plunged into one of those volcanoes.

Katie Holmes has filed for divorce in New York, where it is thought she stands a better chance of being granted sole custody than in Scientology-saturated California. The message sent out from her supporters is unequivocal - and one calculated to appeal to parents everywhere: she wants to drag little Suri out of the strange world of auditing, E-meters and ‘‘Thetans’’ - floating souls trillions of years old who inhabit human bodies.

But could Scientology harm Suri? Scientology’s online enemies have been quick to jump in. Tony Ortega, editor-in-chief of New York’s Village Voice and a ferocious opponent of the Church, reckons that ‘‘what may have convinced Katie to run was the frightening prospect that faces all Scientology kids beginning at six years old - a form of interrogation known as ’sec [security] checking’?’’.

Click for more photos

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes as they were
In this Saturday, June 4, 2005 file photo, Tom Cruise, right, reaches for the hand of his girlfriend Katie Holmes after accepting the MTV Generation award, during the MTV Movie Awards, in Los Angeles. Cruise and Homes are calling it quits after five years of marriage. Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe said Friday June 29, 2012 that the couple is divorcing, but called it a private matter for the family. Photo: AP

People magazine reported, citing Holmes' attorney. The pair married in an elaborate ceremony in Italy in 2006, and they have one daughter together, 6-year-old Suri." />

Ortega has posted on the Village Voice website a list of questions drawn up by Hubbard entitled, ‘‘Children’s Security Check Ages 6-12’’. It begins: ‘‘What has somebody told you not to tell? Have you ever decided you did not like some member of your family? Have you ever gotten yourself dirty on purpose?’’

There’s no evidence that Suri was going to be ‘‘sec checked’’. A spokesman for the Church said yesterday that he’d never come across Hubbard’s document except in material from the group’s critics (though he didn’t deny its authenticity). But ex-members of the group who grew up in it claim to have been subjected to inquisitions when still very young - the aim, they say, being to extract information about their parents.

Scientology often has to fend off accusations of spying on members and former members. There were reports yesterday that sinister men in sunglasses were stalking the New York apartment where Katie Holmes has taken Suri. Nothing to do with us, said the Church.

It’s also claimed by critics that Tom Cruise himself is closely monitored by his Scientology minders. Again, it’s denied - but one can understand why Miscavige might regard his star turn as a dangerously loose cannon these days.

Remember the time he jumped up and down on Oprah Winfrey’s sofa to declare his love for Katie? Scientologists squirmed. The Church also threw a fit when the gossip website Gawker hosted an ‘‘indoctrination video’’ - intended for internal consumption only - in which Cruise spoke passionately but incoherently about the meaning of his religion. (Gawker’s founder, Nick Denton, has flatly refused to take it down.)

‘‘When you’re a Scientologist, and you drive by an accident, you know you have to do something about it, because you know you’re the only one who can really help,’’ Cruise said.

Cruise also features prominently in the biggest single PR disaster to hit the Church of Scientology since Hubbard unveiled his ‘‘spiritual healing technology’’ in 1950. This was an episode of South Park entitled ‘‘Trapped in the Closet’’ in which the character of Tom hides in Stan’s closet and flatly refuses to come out.

Far more damaging than the references to rumours about Cruise, however, was the episode’s animated Xenu, based on Hubbard’s own esoteric teachings and captioned, ‘‘This is what Scientologists actually believe.’’ Which it is. Or, to be more precise, it is a secret imparted only to the tiny minority of Scientologists who have handed over truckloads of money to reach Operating Thetan level III.

But that doesn’t mean ordinary Scientologists don’t know about it. As recently as a decade ago, if you mentioned the top-level teachings to a church official, you would probably cause massive offence: such knowledge was so potent, hinted Hubbard, that it might even kill the person who misused it.

In an age of Gawker, YouTube and hundreds of anti-cult blogs, however, all of Hubbard’s revelations - plus allegations of serious financial mismanagement by rogue Scientologists - are available to any would-be recruit with access to the internet.

Scientology’s own websites have also been hacked into by the internet-based activist group Anonymous, members of which have staged demonstrations against the Church’s alleged policy of ‘‘disconnecting’’ members from their families. This loosely organised but savage mockery of Scientology drew furious responses from its lawyers - but to little effect.

It’s worth noting, though, that Anonymous only started its cyberwarfare in response to the Church’s clumsy attempts to suppress the Tom Cruise video in which the star gushed so embarrassingly about the efficacy of Scientology at the scene of road accidents.

David Miscavige’s policy of cultivating Hollywood must have seemed inspired when posters of Cruise hung on the walls of millions of teenage girls. But that was before the actor embarked on a policy of marrying progressively younger women (the last two Mrs Cruises were each born 11 years after the previous one, meaning that number four should be 23) and saying things that confirmed suspicions that he isn’t the smartest Thetan in the volcano.

Put it this way. Xenu was once the most closely guarded secret in the Church of Scientology. Today it yields 451,000 results on Google - thanks, in part, to the film star Miscavige once described as the world’s most dedicated Scientologist. And now it looks as if Rupert Murdoch is using the divorce as an excuse to declare war on the organisation. Watch your back, Tom.

- The Telegraph, London

24 comments

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/lifestyle/...#ixzz1zXcfUlkW

Old July 3rd, 2012 #31
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

If I remember correctly - although it was from a National Enquirer, so make of that what you will - part of the pre-nup stated that Katie would have the final say in the education of any children. I suppose Tom thought she would come round to scientology after she had been brainwashed by exposed to it.

Quote:
You are missing the context of previous VNN discussions concerning everything about Rupert Murdoch from him having no jew ancestors, to his UK media scandals,
That he has no jewish ancestors has not been proved. It has been claimed by a reporter and has not been verified either way. Just because you can't prove something is true does not mean it isn't.

Quote:
to Bevs scientology-like dislike of necessary pharmaceuticals for clinical depression.
Don't you get dizzy with the amount of spin you present? My position is clear and has been stated a thousand times. For those very few people who have TRUE clinical depression, medication is a life saver and I'm glad it's there for them, if it's the only way they can function.

TRUE clinical depression is vastly over-diagnosed and thousands if not millions of people are being smacked on the happy pills for having nothing more than "medicalised shit happens syndrome". You can't take happy pills for having a life. Well, you can, if you like unnecessary chemicals and side effects. Personally I prefer to make the changes or weather the bad patch.

Quote:
As I expected Bev chose to spend the money on a media sob story for a girl murdered by a gypsy serial killer,
What the hell are you on about - media sob story? Milly Dowler was a little white girl who was raped and murdered by a serial killer. That should be a sob story to any one of us, but if excess dramatic verbiage helps you feel better about your ill-advised hero-worship of the zionist media whore who very likely contributed to her not being found alive, get yer synonym dictionary out and type away. In the real world, the rest of us will continue to be disgusted.

Quote:
or for homes for lost cats, rather than a plan for White activism in the UK.
You just can't help yourself, can you? Where did I say anything about cats? In fact, where have I ever said anything about cats? I don't have a cat, have never had a cat, am not particularly fond of cats and have said nothing about cats. I went to the source of your lie about me being a crazy cat woman - someone I have known for the best part of 12 years - and he denied saying it.

What I said was that I would give the money to the family of Milly Dowler. I also made another post (but deleted it, thinking it made me look as stupid as you, which is no mean feat) that if Murdoch was serious about giving me £100k to stop calling him nasty names, he could give it to Alex and let him decide how to distribute it. When Alex has confirmed that he has received a cheque drawn on the bank account of News International for £100k, I will stop calling Murdoch nasty names.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #32
Darius Appleby
Banned

Arrow Rupert Murdoch Attacks Scientology Because It Once Courted His Son Lachlan

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-lachlan.html

Rupert Murdoch Attacks Scientology Because It Once Courted His Son Lachlan
by Paula Froelich Jul 2, 2012 5:02 PM EDT

If you wondered why Rupert Murdoch used the occasion of the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes split to attack Scientology, look no further than the media baron’s eldest son, Lachlan, who was once courted by the church, writes Paula Froelich.

Comments (40)

On Sunday Rupert Murdoch, arguably the most powerful man in media, stunned media watchers when he inserted himself into the Tom Cruise–Katie Holmes divorce fray by attacking Cruise’s beloved religion.
Tweeting first, “Scientology back in news. Very weird cult, but big, big money involved with Tom Cruise either No. 2 or 3 in hierarchy,” and then, “Watch Katie Holmes and Scientology story develop. Something creepy, maybe even evil, about these people,” the News Corp. CEO waded into the morass and basically declared himself Scientology Enemy No. 1.

Many were shocked—why the hell would Rupert Murdoch, of all people, get involved in this? But a close Murdoch ally noted, “He has a long memory and no love for Scientology.”

The controversial religion, after all, once went after his eldest son Lachlan—using Tom Cruise and Lachlan’s close pal James Packer to try and recruit the Murdoch scion to its cause.
In 1999 Lachlan and Packer–then partners in the doomed telecommunications company, One.Tel–became close with Cruise through Cruise’s then wife, Nicole Kidman. Cruise and Kidman spent that year in Australia to be close to her family and often hung out with the “Princes of Oz” (Lachlan and Packer) and their wives, Sarah O’Hare and Jodie Meares, as well as Baz Luhrmann and his wife, Catherine Martin, and actors John Polson and David Wenham.

But Cruise’s eyes were firmly set on Lachlan and Packer. The actor nurtured the pair with particular care and the three became close, with Cruise flying on private jets with Lachlan and using that time to spout the glories of Scientology.

At the time, Packer was intrigued while Lachlan remained skeptical. Scientology, smelling major money (the Packer family is one of the richest in Australia and the Murdochs, well—they’re not doing so badly themselves), was eager to have two high-profile, wealthy converts.

“It would have been Scientology’s biggest ‘get’ to have Lachlan Murdoch, then the heir apparent to Rupert, in the fold,” the source said. However, Lachlan didn’t bite and Rupert was not happy with the courting of his son.

“Rupert didn’t like Scientology—thought it was a bunch of nonsense,” the source said.

Lachlan soon terminated his friendship with Cruise and made it clear he would not be joining the Scientology fold. Over the years there has been talk inside the News Corp. building of an “intervention” that Rupert staged to make sure his son didn’t fall into the clutches of the church, but a high-level News Corp. source said, “(Lachlan) is smarter than that.”

Julie Jacobson / AP Photos

Even more telling, when Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman divorced, the Murdochs came out in full support of Kidman.

Rupert Murdoch, via his rep, Steven Rubenstein, said: “It’s simply not true,” regarding the intervention.

Lachlan told The Daily Beast, “I can confirm, on the record, that I have never considered or close to considered becoming a Scientologist in any way or at any time. The premise of the story is entirely wrong. I probably come close to sharing my father's views about the religion, but I resist tweeting them.”

Even more telling, when Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman divorced, the Murdochs came out in full support of Kidman–hosting several parties for her over the years and frequently dining with her in private. She was later even named godmother to Murdoch’s youngest daughters, Grace and Chloe.

In an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” move, Rupert’s support is now seemingly being extended to Holmes.

But while Lachlan severed ties with Cruise, James Packer did not. The wealthy Aussie was often seen with Cruise and was, for a while, a huge proponent of Scientology, which supported him after his marriage to Meares ended in 2002. According to reports, Packer started attending courses at the Scientology Center in Glebe, Australia, and employed a Scientologist as his live-in personal assistant and religious tutor. Around that time, Packer started spending more time in the U.S., frequently vacationing with Cruise at the actor’s estate in Telluride, Colo. The friendship became so close that in 2007, when Packer married former model Erica Baxter, there were rumors that Cruise would officiate. Cruise ended up just being a guest, bringing his then wife, Katie Holmes, with other Scientologists and celebrating alongside the Murdoch clan, who kept their distance from the actor.

It now seems Packer may have also tired of the money-hungry church. Earlier today, a Rupert Murdoch fan tweeted to the News Corp. CEO, “Does @rupertmurdoch 's tweeting about Scientology mean there is a fight brewing with the Packer camp?”

To which Murdoch replied, “No, James good friend who saw the light long time ago.”

Meanwhile, Murdoch’s views on the church, whose devotees are especially fanatic, has caused him a bit of trouble. After his initial tweets on Sunday, Murdoch noted, “Since Scientology tweet hundreds of attacks. Expect they will increase and get worse and maybe threatening. Still stick to my story.”

But who better than Rupert Murdoch to take on Scientology? After all, what can they really do to Murdoch?

Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.

Paula Froelich is the New York Times best-selling author of the debut novel, Mercury In Retrograde. Previously at Page Six, Entertainment Tonight, and The Insider, she is now blogging for The Sundance Channel, working on her next novel, a radio show, a TV show, and other projects.
For inquiries, please contact The Daily Beast at [email protected].

TAGS:
American Religion,Entertainment,Tom Cruise,Katie Holmes,Rupert Murdoch,U.S. News

Old July 3rd, 2012 #33
Darius Appleby
Banned

http://www.theage.com.au/national/an...703-21fi5.html

Anti-cult activists praise Murdoch for rejecting Scientology

Julie Power
July 4, 2012

The hero of anti-cult activists, Rupert Murdoch. Photo: Reuters

MEDIA mogul Rupert Murdoch may be a villain to some on Fleet Street. But when he slammed the Church of Scientology as a ''weird cult'', he became a hero to anti-cult activists fighting Scientology's status in Australia as a tax-exempt religion.

Mr Murdoch was the most ''significant figure'' to have come out against Scientology, said Nick Xenophon, the independent South Australian senator who has championed the fight against Scientology in Australia.

He ''wholeheartedly congratulated'' News Ltd's chairman for his comments.

''For every high profile Scientology bust up like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes [which prompted Mr Murdoch's comments on Twitter] there are hundreds of unreported cases where people's lives are ruined because they've tried to break away from Scientology.

''To have someone as powerful as Rupert Murdoch take on Scientology would give some comfort to the people whose lives have been ruined by it and are trying to escape it, '' he said.

Senator Xenophon said he hoped the government's new Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, which is being established, would apply a test to Scientology and other religions to check that they weren't doing more harm than good.

Former cult member David Ayliffe, who is secretary of the Victorian branch of the Cult Information and Family Support group, said Australia should follow France and outlaw Scientology as a religion. The Australian High Court ruled in 1983 that Scientology was a religion and, as such, was entitled to tax exempt status.

The 2011 Census data reveals just 2163 Australians call themselves Scientologists. By contrast, there are 65,000 self-described Jedi Faith Masters.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/an...#ixzz1za2MCrfD

Old July 3rd, 2012 #34
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Yes, his comments on scientology have done wonders for his profile. He must have a very good publicist. How quickly the people forget his crimes. Well, some of the people, anyway.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #35
Karl Lueger

Karl Lueger

Quote:
One thing I do think is respectable about Tom Cruise is his commitment to what he's doing. If you read about him, this is usually the main thing brought out. That's respectable, even in an actor. There's not much except busywork can be done by half-measures.
Whatever people may think of him, Tom does make good movies and
does have an understanding of both the art and business side of showbiz,
he seems more international than many of the peers.

Its is a bit odd that a goyim has become so prominent in what its essential jew-business,
and while he may not be anti-jewish as "Valkyrie" shows..
it must bug the kikes to see a goyim so successful..

Rambo, John J.

Old July 3rd, 2012 #36
James K Jones
Banned

Quote:

You recall correctly. So what? As much as I detest Scientology, I still find it somewhat more tolerable than the cult of blame the Jew that pervades here. What is the caliber of your average poster? What do your people do? Ferals abound. Defectives and deadbeats at every corner. VNN is like the average NAACP meeting, only Whites are substituted for Jews. Brilliant.

Old July 4th, 2012 #37
Darius Appleby
Banned

http://www.smh.com.au/world/lachlan-...704-21ggy.html

You are here: Home World Article
Search smh: Search in:
smh.com.au

Lachlan Murdoch with Rupert on Scientology being 'weird cult'

Julie Power
July 4, 2012 - 11:50AM

Scientology's poster boy ... Tom Cruise. Photo: Reuters

Rupert Murdoch's eldest son Lachlan Murdoch has issued a statement claiming he "comes close" to sharing his father's views on Scientology.

In his own statement, Lachlan Murdoch denied that he'd ever thought about joining the group, allegations that arose following reports that movie star Tom Cruise – perhaps Scientology's most famous member – tried to convert him.

"I can confirm, on the record, that I have never considered or close to considered becoming a Scientologist in any way or at any time.

Never considered Scientology ... Lachlan Murdoch. Photo: Nicolas Walker

"The premise of the story is entirely wrong. I probably come close to sharing my father's views about the religion, but I resist tweeting them," Lachlan Murdoch said in a statement published in The Telegraph in the United Kingdom.

Lachlan's father, News Ltd's chairman, Rupert Murdoch, this week described the Church of Scientology as a "weird cult"' on Twitter, giving hope to those fighting to reverse Scientology's status in Australia as a tax-exempt religion.

Mr Murdoch was the most "significant figure" to have come out against Scientology, said Nick Xenophon, the independent South Australian senator who has championed the fight against Scientology in Australia. He "wholeheartedly congratulated" News Ltd's chairman for his comments.

Rupert Murdoch ... "weird cult". Photo: Reuters

"For every high profile Scientology bust up like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes [which prompted Mr Murdoch's comments on Twitter] there are hundreds of unreported cases where people's lives are ruined because they've tried to break away from Scientology.

"To have someone as powerful as Rupert Murdoch take on Scientology would give some comfort to the people whose lives have been ruined by it and are trying to escape it, " he said.

Senator Xenophon said he hoped the government's new Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, which is being established, would apply a test to Scientology and other religions to check that they weren't doing more harm than good.

Former cult member David Ayliffe said Australia should follow France and outlaw Scientology as a religion. The Australian High Court ruled in 1983 that Scientology was a religion and, as such, was entitled to tax exempt status.

The 2011 Census data reveals just 2163 Australians call themselves Scientologists. By contrast, there are 65,000 self-described Jedi Faith Masters.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/lachlan-...#ixzz1zcvwI15U

Old July 4th, 2012 #38
Darius Appleby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Yes, his comments on scientology have done wonders for his profile. He must have a very good publicist. How quickly the people forget his crimes. Well, some of the people, anyway.
Is this the crime you are talking about?

Old July 4th, 2012 #39
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

P.E.

Add to tags "floor-sweeping tits".

Miscavige is a pollock midget.

Old July 4th, 2012 #40
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Is this the crime you are talking about?

Does that look like a crime committed by Murdoch to you? I'll be happy to start a *new thread of his crimes in another section so as not to take this one off topic or be accused of trolling it.

*edited to add: http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=143333 Thread begun. I've decided to include his entire family, mother and all, seeing as they are all involved in the MMR/swine flu scams.

Last edited by Bev; July 4th, 2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: add link

Thread