VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 24th, 2014 #1
Ian Smith son

Ian Smith son
Post Brigitte Bardot asks EU to ban French favourite foie gras

French film star and celebrity animal rights activist Brigitte Bardot has appealed to the European Union to ban the “barbaric practice” of force-feeding ducks and geese to make seasonal delicacy foie gras.

According to the Fondation Brigitte Bardot, the 80-year-old former movie icon has the support of Danish Agriculture Minister Dan Jorgensen who has lodged a formal appeal with the EU Commission to impose a ban.

http://www.france24.com/en/20141224-...ite-foie-gras/

Old December 24th, 2014 #2
Ray Allan

Ray Allan

Hard to believe Brigitte Bardot is 80 now. I've never had foie gras, but now I won't after reading this.

Old December 27th, 2014 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Good for her! She's spoken out about religious slaughter in the past as well, I believe.

Old December 27th, 2014 #4
Ian Smith son

Ian Smith son

Brigitte Bardot should find an idea to substitute this kind of feeding goose

Old December 27th, 2014 #5
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

At the risk of attracting the usual avalanche of red thumbs for even mentioning it either of you two thumb downers care to tell me why the thought of a famous person opposing and highlighting kosher and halal slaughter upsets you so very much?

Old December 27th, 2014 #6
andy

andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
At the risk of attracting the usual avalanche of red thumbs for even mentioning it either of you two thumb downers care to tell me why the thought of a famous person opposing and highlighting kosher and halal slaughter upsets you so very much?
I have always been a staunch supporter of Bardot.You will recall some time back the provincial deviants taking the thread off topic to disparage and insult Ms Bardot.
However in this particular instance she is letting her heart rule her head a common failing in ageing women. Foie gras is a traditional succulent seasonal delicacy that our people have enjoyed since the beginning of time and must be preserved and maintained at all costs. Perhaps "the movement" could trade some of its fatslob ageing skins to be executed as collateral in this instance.

Chase them into the swamps

Old December 27th, 2014 #7
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I have always been a staunch supporter of Bardot.You will recall some time back the provincial deviants taking the thread off topic to disparage and insult Ms Bardot.
However in this particular instance she is letting her heart rule her head a common failing in ageing women. Foie gras is a traditional succulent seasonal delicacy that our people have enjoyed since the beginning of time and must be preserved and maintained at all costs. Perhaps "the movement" could trade some of its fatslob ageing skins to be executed as collateral in this instance.
Fair enough. I think she is just against all types of animal cruelty - she's involved in several causes so this is not out of character for her.

Personally I think it's cruel but it's up to others if they want to eat it. I won't be screaming for it to be banned but I won't be sorry if it is.

Old December 27th, 2014 #8
andy

andy

Quote:
Fair enough. I think she is just against all types of animal cruelty - she's involved in several causes so this is not out of character for her.

Personally I think it's cruel but it's up to others if they want to eat it. I won't be screaming for it to be banned but I won't be sorry if it is.
Indeed and this sort of emotional incontinence can go to far. In the UK we lave the lunatic left and their mad desire to ban fox hunting endorsed and made into law by the loathsome blair. These supposed animal welfare carers have been responsible for the premature deaths of thousands of hunter horses and hunting hounds for the sake of a few mangy foxes.
Opposition to fox hunting in the UK is cruelty to animals in net effect. The only possible logical reason for opposing fox hunting is class war and a desire by the underclass to cause distress and injury to the better types in society.

Old December 27th, 2014 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Indeed and this sort of emotional incontinence can go to far. In the UK we lave the lunatic left and their mad desire to ban fox hunting endorsed and made into law by the loathsome blair. These supposed animal welfare carers have been responsible for the premature deaths of thousands of hunter horses and hunting hounds for the sake of a few mangy foxes.
Opposition to fox hunting in the UK is cruelty to animals in net effect. The only possible logical reason for opposing fox hunting is class war and a desire by the underclass to cause distress and injury to the better types in society.
Your concern for the alleged deaths of hunter horses may come across as more sincere if it wasn't known that you actively support the pointless deaths of racehorses and criticise those who object.

I read a report yesterday that says 80% of people are against the return of fox hunting - now, the thought of those votes may be what has encouraged Tory MPs to criticise Dave for his apparent desire to repeal the laws or it may genuinely not be a class war thing anymore and genuinely be down to concern.

80% of votes is a lot of people and for that reason alone, serious aspirant politicians in support of fox hunting should ignore this subject like a bad smell.

In any case, it's not actually banned, is it? Hunts can still use two dogs, I think, and very few if any prosecutions take place so the entire debate is meaningless.

Old December 27th, 2014 #10
andy

andy

Quote:

In any case, it's not actually banned, is it? Hunts can still use two dogs, I think, and very few if any prosecutions take place so the entire debate is meaningless.
Which proves beyond doubt that it is communist class war politics to oppose fox hunting as the welfare issue for foxes has not been resolved. Foxes are now shot by the dozen. The net result is that a traditional English pastime has been banned to assuage new Britons and their allies on the nutzi right who want us all "To just get along"

Old December 27th, 2014 #11
Ian Smith son

Ian Smith son

If I have to buy halal meat what it means for me that I buy meat only, now if there is an action if all we boycott all I do not buy it

Old December 27th, 2014 #12
Gifu
Banned

Foie gras was brought to Europe by jews after the practice of fattening geese fell out of favor after the fall of the Roman empire. Forcibly stuffing animals so you can eat a fatty liver is idiotic. Good on Bardot.

Old December 28th, 2014 #13
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

Lars Redoubt

Those who support the barbaric, disgusting and un-aryan practice of forcefeeding ducks to get foie gras should be forcefed themselves. I support Brigitte and Adolf!

Thread